Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: where is windows xp -.-

Quote Originally Posted by knickfan5745 View Post
    It sounds like you did format everything. GRUB should show you Windows XP. Did you resize the partitions with gparted or just overwrite the XP partition?
    how does it sound like that -_-
    with the information hes provided so far it could be alot of things. as for the OP, as mentioned before dont screw around with ur partitions unless u know wht ur doing, and following a tutorial blindly is just stupidity.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

following a tutorial blindly is just stupidity
    +1, but unfortunately it's common practice!

Maybe boot manager destroy the MBR. (master boot record) When I was messing around with grub I destroyed several times MBR. This is my method and is called break to learn.
    Boot from the windows XP CD, press the "R" key in the setup in order to start the restoration console. Select your windows XP installation from the list, and enter the administrator password.
    Enter the command: "FIXMBR" (without the quotes) at the input prompt and confirm the next question with a "Y" (without the quotes). Use exit to restore the computer.
    If setup dint find any previous installed OS's and you are sure that dint you format the HD, then boot from the windows XP CD ,choose to make a new installation and at the point where you are able to format your HDs don't do anything and exit. At this point usually the MBR is restored. Restart and make a pray.

Ok, since the OP doesn't respond anymore and the answers don't go anywhere:

-> Closed
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12