Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airmon -ng -> Can not find this command in konsole of backtrack4prefinal, WHY?

Just burned his ISO

Talking airmon -ng -> Can not find this command in konsole of backtrack4prefinal, WHY?

I booted backtrack4 pre final by USB disk. At first, I tested my card wireless (LINKSYS Model No: WPC54G ver.3) by iwconfig command, and konsole screen displayed information about wlan0 and wlan1. After that, i typed dhclient wlan0 to start wlan0,and then I typed airmon -ng, but konsole screen displayed "Can not find this command", and I tried to type aircrack -ng, and result was same. Please tell me Why and How to resolve this problem? Thanks you!

without Space between the -

i typed dhclient wlan0 to start wlan0
    you what o_O ?

Better go on read some tut's and then come again and ask!
    www.myownremote.blogspot.com

What's with the font? We're not blind, you know!

dhclient is a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol used for interface configuration by assigning an address when connecting to the network (and won't do you any good if you haven't set up your wireless interface with info on the network you're trying to connect to). The command for bringing your interface up is ifconfig <interface> up.
    It's airmon-ng (without the spacing)

You have a long road ahead to learn how to use BT (and for what purpose), so I would suggest that you use another distro (like ubuntu maybe) to get a feel for linux/unix os's. It will be much easier to use it with some background knowledge.

P.S. Improving your google-fu is crucial. Don't expect to be spoonfed here.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Quote Originally Posted by #mfBaranian# View Post
    P.S. Improving your google-fu is crucial. Don't expect to be spoonfed here.
    Why is everyone so cranky??? This is a support forum, people ask questions. People need to learn some where and it is their right to choose what and where they start. If you can't be productive and nice, why even respond?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chmod View Post
    Why is everyone so cranky??? This is a support forum, people ask questions. People need to learn some where and it is their right to choose what and where they start. If you can't be productive and nice, why even respond?
    Your absolutely right, people can choose where they start but an advanced distro that is not made for 13 y/o on dad's computer is not the place. Nor is it equally fair to those that try and help people to have to read through 15 posts a day asking why they can't get their internet connection to work.
    If people would spend the same time searching as making a post here, they would probably learn more. No one wants to spoon-feed here and no one really learns anything if the answers are given to them. The same principles are used to teach everywhere one goes.
    Not to mention that this is a forum for Backtrack not the aircrack-ng suite which has their own website located at http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php
    Some saying about a fish and learning to eat would be appropriate here.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Your absolutely right, people can choose where they start
    I agree this is an advanced forum for a complex distro. But I do not agree with your statement that you assume he's a 12/yo on his dad's comp. No matter the situation I always treat each individual with professionalism and courtesy.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chmod View Post
    I agree this is an advanced forum for a complex distro. But I do not agree with your statement that you assume he's a 12/yo on his dad's comp. No matter the situation I always treat each individual with professionalism and courtesy.
    Sorry that's what I call a generalization. Perhaps not the right thing but more often than not I am correct, with the generalization.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

@ chmod

Why is everyone so cranky???
    That was not cranky. "Cranky" is my wife at 07:00 AM and believe me, I'm much nicer.

If you can't be productive and nice, why even respond?
    I must say this had made me stop and think about my behavior. I took a long second or two and realized one thing....

My post is productive and has a nicer tone than yours........ or is it just me being subjective?!?

And when I compute all of this input I get a loop situation, 'cause now I have to ask you: "If you can't be productive and nice, why even respond?"

Well how 'bout them apples....
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Dont tell me we are back onto the "RE forum regulars are mean" issue again! Have been seeing a lot of this recently...

Really I think the only way we can prevent the forum being overrun by continual reposting of the same simple questions is to lightly cattle prod any offenders. BackTrack, and consequently this forum, are not for those with no Linux experience, or for those who cant make some effort to learn on their own.

If someone posts here with a very basic Linux question, or a question that could have been resolved with 5 minutes of Googling, I think its perfectly appropriate to make it clear to them that this behaviour is a violation of this communities norms.

Im not saying that we should insult them (this is inappropriate and I havent seen much of this here), but telling them to use Google or to start with a different Linux distribution is perfectly fine (even when its done in a stern but politle fashion).

The OP from this thread could have resolved his own issue in a number of very simple ways including searching the forum for tutorials on airmon (theres only about a thousand of them) by visiting the airmon-ng site, or by searching Google. Given this, I dont think any of the responses here are inappropriate.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by #mfBaranian# View Post
    @ chmod
    My post is productive and has a nicer tone than yours........ or is it just me being subjective?!?

And when I compute all of this input I get a loop situation, 'cause now I have to ask you: "If you can't be productive and nice, why even respond?"

Well how 'bout them apples....
    Seems to me you want an argument more than you want to help people out. I have looked at most of your responses and posts and they all have the same theme - argumentative, condescending, and harsh.

And for your information, I have and did search the forums for a solution. There is none that I could fine and am wondering what I was missing, hense as to the orignal intention of my post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast