Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Start Networking in Backtrack

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: How to Start Networking in Backtrack

Hi i have problem with networking on bt4. I installed network manager and it delete the wicd on my computer. Now i cant connect to wifi and ethernet. Network manager doesnt work. When i plug ethernet cable and type dhclient eth0 i get DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 5 and something like that. I cant use usb memory because I get some error when i want to open it on linux. Please help

Just burned his ISO

so i installed BT4 in windows 7 using vmware, and ive been going through on how to get my wireless going, but NOTHING works, and the problem is i have no driver/BT is not detecting any sort of wireless card connected, soooo where is the tutorial for this? screen shot attached

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

how about here
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...backtrack.html
    after you issue the command /etc/init.d/networking start then run airmon-ng hopefully you will have a couple interfaces come up.
    Now to mr salami since you have the vmware image on your machine you need to check in your VMware setup that you have bridged networking selected, this is the problem 90% of the time. And remember since you are using VMware image you cannot set your onboard wifi adapter monitor mode. To do that you need a USB wifi adapter like the ALFA or some other USB dongle, because the VMware image can have full control of it.

Just burned his ISO

ahh yeah i had it bridged but didnt have a seperate wireless device, got one now though, thanks for the help!

Just burned his ISO

so im using a linksys wireless usb adapter inside VMware and i DO have it disconnected from the host and being used inside backtrack only, and i just retraced all my steps to get it to see the wireless device but it still isnt detecting anything

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

so you plugged in your usb stick then went into vmware's removable devices menu and chose to disconnect from host and connect to vmware?
    at that p[point you should be able to turn on the said usb device with ifconfig. who makes your usb stick or whats the chipset, but its usually wlan0. Sometimes airmon-ng will sense a usb adapted even if you did not turn it on via ifconfig yet

Just burned his ISO

yea i have it disconnected from host and its running in VMware, backtrack can see it as a USB device under the control module:

as far as ifconfig goes all it has listed is eth0 and lo, dont see any wlan0. I am using a linksys WUSB600N. is there something in ifconfig i am not seeing and should put in?

Just burned his ISO

Dear All
    Kindly, in the attached snap shoot , I need your help ...why no wireless network in wicd manager ?

Note:
    I success to crack the WEP by my WLAN0 so I can see all BSSID ,but I want to configure wirless card to one wirless netwoks .

Thanks
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

Just burned his ISO

I'm having a problem here.
    My wireless card is : Atheros Communications Inc. AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter
    Ok I booted backtrack 4 in VMware, when I type ifconfig -a it shows only "lo" and "eth0", and I have only connected the wireless network. I can not take me wlan0 I should do to fix this problem

thx

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Re: How to Start Networking in Backtrack

I'm sorry, but I have a very stupid question.
    I used the methods above and that's all right, but I don't know where I should write my login and password for broadband connection

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast