Thread: Hawking HWUG1 USB

Default Hawking HWUG1 USB

Didn't know if to post this in working, or non-working. The device sets up great, and supports monitor mode, and even WEP injection. However, I've run into several problems recently when using it in BT4pf to capture WPA handshakes. It appears to do one of several things:

1) will monitor the network, but not detect clients associated with it. (Works fine with same device in BT3)
    2) capture valid handshakes on WPA/WPA2 (will capture the handshake, but will apparantly not capture enought to decrypt the correct passphrase. e.g. password is paul24you, it comes back saying password is paul24. Again, this is something that it does perfectly under BT3)

Other then that, it works great, and the external antenna connection is a lifesaver.

Code:
    macchanger --mac <spoofed MAC> wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    airmon-ng start wlan0
    airodump-ng mon0
    ^^code to get it up and running in monitor mode under airodump

Just burned his ISO

Default help with HWUG1

I can get it in monitor mode and all the steps past that. but when I do aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) mon0 , it reads packets to the thousands but i get 0 ARP's, 0 ACK's and so therfore 0 Data. What do I need to do? I have already associated with the ap and everything. not sure why im not getting any data or ARP's or ACK's

This thread is to report devices that are working not to ask questions on the aformentioned chipset/device.