Thread: Newbie

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Post Newbie

Hi I am new to backtrack 4 a friend gave it to me for educational reasons ;-) I am having difficulty using the wifi cracking tool I have followed all the online guides but im not sure if my computer or router are able to send the command to get all the packet data to flood the router so it becomes 40,000 I am using a HP Pavilion dv5 and a blekin G wireless router will this be capable of what I am trying to do?

Any help would be great thanks guys

Please mention which tutorial you tried, give us the command you use and the output. Be specific..
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Oh oh oh Please do first read the Basics about WEP.
    And for the next time please choose a better Topic for your question.

btw. have you read the rules of the Community ?
    www.myownremote.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by danevans60 View Post
    Hi I am new to backtrack 4 a friend gave it to me for educational reasons ;-) I am having difficulty using the wifi cracking tool I have followed all the online guides but im not sure if my computer or router are able to send the command to get all the packet data to flood the router so it becomes 40,000 I am using a HP Pavilion dv5 and a blekin G wireless router will this be capable of what I am trying to do?

Any help would be great thanks guys
    I can help by telling you where the period or "full stop" key is on your keyboard (its usually between the "," and "/" keys).

Before I can help with the WEP cracking problem you will need to provide some detail on the commands you are using and the wireless card in the HP Pavilion dv5.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Do you have any experience with Linux so far?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá