Thread: C language (advanced books)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default C language (advanced books)

any proposal of any book for C that includes more advanced learning? specificly: analizing some input/output commands, hardware commands, network commands. (currently owning "the C programming language" of Kernighan and Richie and im more than familiar with the content of the this book)

if possible im looking only for books, and not sites.

[i know that this post belongs to the programming section, but still have no privillinges]

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

I swear by "The Complete Reference" series of books, I have the fourth edition C one (Schildt) which I still refer to even now.

Otherwise I'd push you towards specified books - i.e. advanced GTK manuals and the like.

Networking tends to be different depending on your OS, but I recommend UNIX Network Programming (Vol 1 & 2) for Sockets and IPC. Coupled with "beej's guide to network programming", I only need to reference other documents when I'm working with OpenSSL or more advanced IKE interfaces.

Other than that, see what everyone else recommends!
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

thanks, i will search about the documentation that you were able to provide