Thread: Hi! Need a little bit help with my wg111v3 network adapter!

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi! Need a little bit help with my wg111v3 network adapter!

Hello!

Well, i started of by testing if my normal network card (some 802.11g/b card) worked good with bt3, and it did pretty good, except that i couldn't put it into monitor mode. So today I brought a Netgear Wg111v3 network adapter, USB.
    I started of with installing the drivers to it in vista, then tested if it could find some acesspoints, and I got good results! So I booted bt3 from the CD and the first thing i did was to check that i could find some acesspoints, but no good results there. The only wireless card that I could find through bt3 was my old wireless card that is built in my computer (Hp pavilion dv6730).
    So if someone could give me a little bit of help it would be awesome because otherwise it would feel like a waste of money.

Bye!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TobbeT View Post
    Hello!

Well, i started of by testing if my normal network card (some 802.11g/b card) worked good with bt3, and it did pretty good, except that i couldn't put it into monitor mode. So today I brought a Netgear Wg111v3 network adapter, USB.
    I started of with installing the drivers to it in vista, then tested if it could find some acesspoints, and I got good results! So I booted bt3 from the CD and the first thing i did was to check that i could find some acesspoints, but no good results there. The only wireless card that I could find through bt3 was my old wireless card that is built in my computer (Hp pavilion dv6730).
    So if someone could give me a little bit of help it would be awesome because otherwise it would feel like a waste of money.

Bye!

Netgear WG311 v1 is likely compatible. See http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility/Netgear#WG311 & wheather there should be PrismGT SoftMAC chipset or R8187 chipset.if its R8187 it would work with BT3 final.http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/wg111v3.asp
    look for driver chipset.

also see
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....etGear_WG111v2

this is worst card and you need to determine its chipset.not supported by BT3 and aircrack-ng suite.

best bet in USB Adapters is Alfa 500 MW & Linksys WUSB54GC & Linksys WUSB54G V4.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks alot. Well, i read a little bit about this and it seems like the chipset isn't compatable at all. So, can you recommend a cheap and common network adapter that you'r compelety sure of that it works?

Thanks alot for your answear by the way!

both netgear WG311T PCI Card with External Antenna & Linksys WUSB54GC or Linksys WUSB54G V4 .these works best.I myself using netgear wG311T atheros chipset based with 7 Dbi Antenna and Linksys WUSB54GC rt73 chipset based.

@secure_it where did you get 7 Dbi antenna from, and how much did you pay? Is there a significant difference between the 7db antenna and the shipped 2db antenna you get with the original card?

Calypso

Obviously there is huge difference.the more powerful the antenna,the more range it would be having.7 dbi antenna covers more area compare to the shipped 2 dbi antenna with good signal.in indian rupees its 1200 INR and in USD$ its approx 26$.

Just burned his ISO

Now, there is a driver written by Hirte, it compíles wonderfully but I don't know yet how to load it as a driver for the WG111v3.

Just burned his ISO

Hello,
    You may add an external antenna to the WG111v3 as indicated in the Bernd's forum . We tested it at Eseco systems; it requires some soldering.