Thread: wifi in bt4 iso

Just burned his ISO davewickett's Avatar

Default wifi in bt4 iso

hi can some1 do me a step by step maybe with the commands to install the right driver for my wifi card i see you can customise backtrack live cd
    is that what ill have to do to keep my drivers each time once i have my wifi up and running for packet injection & monitor mode ill be ok from there dont i need madwifi aswell please i really need this thanks

""WIFI CARDS""

"atheros ar5007eg" wifi card inside (shows up as ar424x in ubuntu)

"usb belkin f5d7050" "fcc id" k75-f5d7050b
    "ic id" 3623a-f5d7050b

(other numbers on usb complies with rss-210)
    dont know what that is

and then these on there own

n10117

f5d7050 is the model no.for usb

thanks for all your help on here people without people like you people like us would be lost once my wifi is up and running i can not wait to start learning as i love it sooo much just if you could do this 1 last thing for me please really need this wifi working ready to work with so thanks again
    dave

i do have ubuntu installed but some1 said to have bt on iso insted as all drivers are better i have my atheros ar5007eg witch shows as ar424x in ubuntu with madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6 my interface changes names to ath1 in step of ath0 i can put it in monitor mode but having some probs with some commands i think it is not compiled into my kernel and i can collect packets but slow i know im close know just need a bit of help now

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davewickett View Post
    hi can some1 do me a step by step maybe with the commands to install the right driver for my wifi card i see you can customise backtrack live cd
    is that what ill have to do to keep my drivers each time once i have my wifi up and running for packet injection & monitor mode ill be ok from there dont i need madwifi aswell please i really need this thanks""WIFI CARDS""
    "atheros ar5007eg" wifi card inside (shows up as ar424x in ubuntu)
    "usb belkin f5d7050" "fcc id" k75-f5d7050b
    "ic id" 3623a-f5d7050b
    (other numbers on usb complies with rss-210)
    dont know what that is
    and then these on there own
    n10117
    5d7050 is the model no.for usb
    hanks for all your help on here people without people like you people like us ould be lost once my wifi is up and running i can not wait to start learning as i love it sooo much just if you could do this 1 last thing for me please really need this wifi working ready to work with so thanks again
    dave
    i do have ubuntu installed but some1 said to have bt on iso insted as all drivers are better i have my atheros ar5007eg witch shows as ar424x in ubuntu with madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6 my interface changes names to ath1 in step of ath0 i can put it in monitor mode but having some probs with some commands i think it is not compiled into my kernel and i can collect packets but slow i know im close know just need a bit of help now
    The occasional use of the shift key and punctuation will help others to take you seriously.
    As for installation try google= installing from source linux
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO davewickett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    The occasional use of the shift key and punctuation will help others to take you seriously.
    As for installation try google= installing from source linux
    mate if you dont want to help dont leave a commant at all all i want to do is try to learn every1 as to start where i am all im doing is asking for a bit of help it does not matter how i ask for it aswell as long as i am really serious about learning im on my laptop day & night trying to get better im sticking with ubuntu now for a bit ive installed madwifi-ng hal-0.10.5.6 i can put my card in monitor mode and collect packets slowly
    i have wifi0 & ath0 that changes to ath1 with my tools just having a few probs with some commands