Thread: 3 (probably) Simple Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default 3 (probably) Simple Problems

Hey!

My first post here by the way

Just got myself an acer aspire one d150 and just finished installing a touchscreen, which was a nightmare. My next move was to install Backtrack! Turned my USB stick into a bootable version of Backtrack 3 with Unetbootin.

Now once at the boot screen I choose the VGA backtrack since I didn't know which was the appropriate one. Seemed like it didn't like my display or something since it eventually dropped me at command line of Backtrack. Not a problem I thought to myself. I proceeded by putting my wifi card in monitor mode. Everything went smoothly for a while up untill it was time for
    airodump-ng -w --channel --ivs --bssid ath0
    Not that it didn't work but I was stuck at that screen untill I press ctl-c to quit. The problem is, while that runs I'm supposed to be running
    aireplay-ng --fakeauth 0 -e -a -h ath0

My first question is.. how do I get around this? I'm guessing I need to somehow minimise that other command prompt?(Sorry for my windows words)

My Second problem is, while running the airodump command from earlier, I did not see my MAC Adress under the Station column. How do I go about configuring it so I see it there?

Third question and very sad...
    what is the command like in DOS dir /p?
    When I do LS and its other switches I can not find one that lets me read everything on the screen. Maybe this is a problem from earlier when booting into Backtrack?

Lookin forward to any advice!

ohh and usually I like to do things myself but I'm leaving for the weekend so I don't have time to play with Backtrack untill monday

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

1. Alt+F(x) keys let you swap between different consoles. So Alt+F1 will be your airodump screen, Alt+F2 will take you to another. This doesn't work the same way within a GUI, only at the command line.

2. Make sure you are monitoring the appropriate channel (try airodump-ng -c 11 ath0 to listen on channel 11 for your ath0 interface, substitute the appropriate things in for your card and network). Note that you have to put a number after the --channel/-c switch.

3. Use a piping system, try

Code:
    ls | more
    You should get to know "less" rather than "more", but as you come from a windows background you may be more familiar with more. IF YOU ARE NOT, go straight into using less:

Code:
    ls | less
    Hit the q key or the end of the file to close less or more.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

I have a feeling that the OP meant that he only was presented with the command line.. and therefore couldnt open a different prompt for the aireplay session.

If this is the case Tekcap, then on starting up and reaching the prompt, type startx..

Developer

Please do not double post. You already have a thread on the same subject here

Just burned his ISO

Last few days have been productive, thank you for the reply Gitsnik (helped quite a bit). Ive tested my card and injection seems to work, I connected to my home wifi with a bit of messing around with .conf files to support my DNS. Have not been able to crack my home wifi yet, but its advancing slowly. I still have the same problem with not having my MAC Adress under the station column. It actually shows a random MAC which isnt mine... very strange. Still have not been able to fire up the GUI.. might be a problem with my BIOS. For now its no big deal though cause I enjoy the command line

Does anyone knows why a random MAC would show under the station column and why the IV count does not go up when I start injecting?

Scratch out the second question. Gonna try this command tonight to see if it works. aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -e <essid> -a <bssid> -h <smac> ath0