Thread: Module Windows Application cannot be loaded

Just burned his ISO

Default Module Windows Application cannot be loaded

Hi, everytime i run a application from system administration i get a problem saying the module...........could not be loaded.

The diagnostics is:

Possible Reasons:

An error occurred during your last KDE upgrade leaving an orphaned control module

You have old third party modules lying around

Check these points carefully and try to remove the module mentioned in the error message.If this fails, contact your distributor or packager.

So here i am contacting the above mentioned

it would help if you told us what the application was that u were trying to use. as well as, what version of backtrack are u using?
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

im using backtrack 4 pre-final and the applications which cause outputs this problems is: the wine configuration program under system administrative menu, as well as system services in main menu. So far thats the only ones ive noticed, there might be more.

Just burned his ISO

I'm seeing this as well.
    This thread should probably be moved to BT pf, bugs & fixes.

I even did a fresh re-install.

When you go to System-Settings-System Administration-System Services
    you get
    the module system services could not be loaded
    in a grey box

I tried doing a reconfigure on kde-guidance-kde3 but it didn't work.
    I can get the boot manager package working but I'd like to stick to the conicle packages as recommended.

@op: wine worked fine for me. did you update/upgrade after your install? in regards to the system services, thanks for that. i dont know wht the protocol here is, whether the whole thread should be moved or whether you can just start a new thread regarding that issue. id suggest starting a new thread, if the mods have a problem with it, they can just reference this post.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...