Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WPA2 handshake capture

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit7500 View Post
    ok, I've tried vi, and various others methods of removing the cntrl characters, but none seem to work completly.
    dos2linux Also if using vi is to compicated try nano or kate.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

dos2unix seemed to do it, ty. But aircrack is still only reading about 1700 words out of over 3k, and still not finding the right passphrase.

EDIT: Attempted aircrack using test handshakes from aircrack itself, and from my own home network. Still not going through the entire default password.lst file when using my home networks handshake, and gives the incorrect passphrase using the example cap files.

In cowpatty however, it simply says that the correct passphrase isn't in the list (even though it is)

any ideas on this? Could it be the hardware I'm using? Again, this is a WPA2-CCMP network.

EDIT pt 2: tested on BT3 Final, it works perfectly. Maybe it's something with the USB adapter in BT4pf? Also having problems where airgraph-ng is only drawing out unencrypted networks, not encrypted, even though the csv file contains WPA and WEP networks as well. made a thread about it her --> hxxp://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-working-hardware/25111-hawking-hwug1-usb.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12