Thread: Installation Problem

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Installation Problem

Hey all! I recently downloaded backtrack 4 prefinal iso and booted it on a usb drive. It works fine but when I try to install it it always gives me an error at 90% when the system is "Detecting Hardware". From what I remember in the error message "Too many input devices... Connection to Server X lost". I tried to boot it from a dvd and I checked the integrity of the iso image (md5 checksum) but nothing worked :S. Is this a problem in my hardware setup (Incompatibility) or it is a bug?

Sounds like an issue with your hardware I'd guess. Did you try to search this forum? Did you try to manually install it without the ubiquity installer?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

I Stupid !

before install any operating system. You must format hdd/usb by fdisk or norton partition magic in hiren't boot cd, or qtparted. Because this is standard format. you can also use format during install OS with wihite hdd (hdd do not have anything).

Quote Originally Posted by guruhacker View Post
    Hey all! I recently downloaded backtrack 4 prefinal iso and booted it on a usb drive. It works fine but when I try to install it it always gives me an error at 90% when the system is "Detecting Hardware". From what I remember in the error message "Too many input devices... Connection to Server X lost". I tried to boot it from a dvd and I checked the integrity of the iso image (md5 checksum) but nothing worked :S. Is this a problem in my hardware setup (Incompatibility) or it is a bug?
    So might be hardware problems as admin said, try chnging you hdd ( i do not think it is because it goes all the way down to 90%), also when taking the installation steps (on step 6 if im not mistaken) do not check the documents from other OS's, they might be corrupted, if so, if on windows or any other try defragmenting your whole device (remove the partitions made by ubuntu installer and get them back to window's (or the Os you're using) afterwards, simply remove atleast 10-40gb of your OS's main partition space, and format it to ext2/ext3, and leave the free space, once done, on the step were you choose the partition select "use the largest free space avalible" option, and check if it solved your problem.

on the DVD, i did had problems booting my dvd, so as the USB, so I took that modifyed tool that boots bt4 pre final like in bt4/3 (the same boot options screen), and it worked , but since its a DVD, i dont know (yet) how to give you the idea on making it bootable :P

Just burned his ISO

hi
    I would like to great all members of forums on start

I had the same problem exactly as guruhacker, with dual boot installation BT4 PF on my Acer Aspire 5920G laptop.But that solution of problem was simply,so i tray explain exactly how repair that in the most simply way.
    After error of installation you must reboot once more you live cd,and open partition editor,after instalation is left two prepared partition,swap and ext3, you must format both,in the same format and mark ext3 partition as boot.when you do that all,you normaly run ubiquity installer and do everything exactly the same but in step 3 you take manual partition choice,you mark ext3 partition for install and mark mounting point as root,everything else you will do like normal install from ubiquity,you also can`t forget to mark dualboot on step 6 in tab advanced of installation.After instalation on my laptop everything work correct,BT4 and win vista,booting from grub loader.