Thread: About Disabled DHCP

Just burned his ISO

Default About Disabled DHCP

I have 2 computers in my room and for about 3 months I used my router without encryption, then this past few weeks i noticed my internet connection became slower even if i'm just surfing the net. I presumed that somebody is leeching from my connection so i put on WEP encryption (i know its weak), enabled mac filtering, disabled dhcp put only 2 static ips from my 2 computers. changed my gateway from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.5.100 and changed the ip range to 192.168.5.104-105. My connection became normal again.

I tried to crack my connection from my 2nd computer, i used aircrack from backtrack 3 and cracked the password for just about 25k ivs . But i can't connect to the internet because there is no dhcp to give me an ip address.
    Now my question is: how can i sniff for the ip range i put on my D-link router? i tried using wireshark, netstumbler, cain & abel but none of these sniffers gave me the ip address. Maybe because i'm not really connected to the network, it says limited or no connectivity.

Does this mean i am now secured just by disabling the dhcp? i'm doing this because if i want my network to be safe, i should think like a hacker. Anybody here knows how to "really" connect to the network on this circumstances? What programs should i use and what do i need to do? Thanks in advance

If you really want to gain a higher security level go for WPA/WPA2 and put a long sentence with all the things you want( not what you hate because there's a hate list from pureh@ate) as password and that will solve the problem.
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Now my question is: how can i sniff for the ip range i put on my D-link router?
    Scapy / Wifizoo
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    Scapy / Wifizoo
    ..and when I was editing my post to write about thinking like a hacker...there comes the solution:wyze.
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes