Thread: could not stat hashfile? wpa precomputed and not working in cowpatty

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default could not stat hashfile? wpa precomputed and not working in cowpatty

so i spent all this time creating a custom hashfile and loaded it into my bt3 system to run against my ap and cowpatty craps out on me saying could not stat hasfile. check file path.

the file is there, the command is ok afaict... im at a loss. google and re forum search hasnt helped... do i start my genpmk over again? it took 4 days with my quad core i7 ??

halp

It appears you've been a forum member for quite some time.

Over the years there's been a few similar requests. I've seen this error when my hash file was very, very large. Is this the case for you?

I cannot tell you exactly what too large is, but when poiting cowpatty at smaller hash files, it begins to work.

Let us know.
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Developer

Unless you are using cowpatty 64 bit which clearly you are not since you have backtrack then you are at the mercy of a 2 gig file limit.

Just burned his ISO

the file is just shy of 4GB... what are my options with regard to splitting it up or manipulating the list? you mention using smaller hashfiles...

im using a custom list created with the pass list hosted here @ RE

Developer

Well you can either use airolib-ng and make a new database for aircrack, or split the wordlist into 2 files and make 2 hash tables for cowpatty or get a 64 bit linux box and install cowpatty on that.

Just burned his ISO

pardon the newbness of this question, but is there an easy way to parse the hashfile and create two seperate ones from it? without corrupting things

is there a command for genpmk to verify a hasfile when im done the assumed command to split the two?

./newbness

Just burned his ISO

Default 64bit?

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Unless you are using cowpatty 64 bit which clearly you are not since you have backtrack then you are at the mercy of a 2 gig file limit.

Where can cowpatty 64bit be downloaded from? I am using ubuntu 64bit, and am having the same issue with large hash files.

Thanks in advance.

Just burned his ISO

The only way I know how to split the hash output into multiple cowpatty hashfiles is by using pyrit (code.google.com/p/pyrit/). Once you complete the batch on pyrit... you go to your home folder and view hidden files. Then go to .pyrit -> blobspace -> essid ->(next folder..Hex output depends on Essid). Inside your essid's folder you'll see it filled with *.pyr files. To split up your batched hash output to multiple cowpatty files, you keep only 1gb worth of *.pyr files at a time in the blobspace and tell pyrit to export that group of *.pyr files to a cowpatty file. The outputed cowpatty file should raise to about a 1.1gb file which should load into backtrack with no problem. Repeat the process till you have all your volumes.