Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: building an omni directional antenna

Just burned his ISO

Default building an omni directional antenna

I have been looking for a tutorial on how to build a onmi antenna and i found couple intersting designs that use only a coax cable--> hxxp://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html has anyone ever tried building one of these?? can you tell me how well it worked or if you guys
    know of any other tutorials on the web to build an omni antenna can you post em here thanx.

I've built two of them. Work great, you need good coax though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've built two of them. Work great, you need good coax though.
    hey barry can you tell me where you bought your supplies from? what coax type did you use?

I remember seeing a tutorial about that somwhere. Might have been in a book? I'll reply back if I find it.
    "You're only smoke and mirrors..."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolsv View Post
    hey barry can you tell me where you bought your supplies from? what coax type did you use?
    LMR-400. Had about 200 feet of it left over from a tower job. Got the connectors from Fleeman, Anderson & Bird, Corp..

Oh, that's neat, it fills in the web site name.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Barry one last question, did you cut the coax and then solder them like in the pic show here--> hxxp://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html ?? i found another tutorial where the guy just cuts out the coax insulation
    would save me from a lot soldering, what do you think? check it out
    zero13wireless.net/foro/showthread.php?t=3964.com

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Oh, that's neat, it fills in the web site name.
    Yeah ever since the "overhaul" it has been doing that. It makes it easier to post links. One can just cut and paste, and the rest is taken care of ( in most cases).
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbolsv View Post
    Barry one last question, did you cut the coax and then solder them like in the pic show here--> hxxp://wireless.gumph.org/articles/homemadeomni.html ?? i found another tutorial where the guy just cuts out the coax insulation
    would save me from a lot soldering, what do you think? check it out
    zero13wireless.net/foro/showthread.php?t=3964.com
    That second one is weird. May as well be a coat hanger on a stick. I did it like the first one.

"You're only smoke and mirrors..."

Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    Buy it anyway. It has some pretty good destructions on kismet and getting a gps working with kismet. It also supports a couple forum regulars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast