Thread: Google Chrome crashes on NSS_VersionCheck

Just burned his ISO

Default Google Chrome crashes on NSS_VersionCheck

Google Chrome crashes on NSS_VersionCheck, saying it depends on NSS >= 3.12.3
    Tried to google for instructions updating but couldn't find it. Any chance Backtrack would support it soon as it's imho the best browser out there at the moment - and I'm using it a lot on my main Linux PC aswell, and even though it's still in beta it's very stable.
    Last edited by redi1; 03-01-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: title bugged

Default Re: Google Chrome crashes on NSS_VersionCheck

I came across a bug report submitted for the error you are getting. You may want to try google again. The error points to not having the right package dependencies installed. The info is out there to read if you search a little harder. I can't see chrome being "supported" until the final is out and/or it replaces Firefox as the default browser in BT. While I haven't tried the Linux version, I have the beta on OS X & found several bugs. IMO it still has a ways to go in development. You have contradicted yourself: saying it's very stable, yet having crashing issues

Just burned his ISO

Got it to work after some fiddling (and I did find some bug report pages too without anything conclusive on how to fix the issue), but you were right about not googling hard enough. Enough tries with different keywords got me finish the install up and it works nicely. It is very stable once it's up & running, and a lot faster than Firefox when running OS on a lower end computer. Haven't tested on OSX tho, only Windows and Ubuntu so far.

please post those sites urls. it would be nice to be able to use chrome in bt4

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

You can try this one. I don't know if it is still valid. But it should be.
    Archangel Amael's BT Tutorials: Google Chromium in BT4
    I also made a quick guide on getting swiftfox for BT going too. It's on there as well.
    Good luck.

Just wanted to say thanks ArchangleAmael .. worked perfectly