Thread: Problems: MBR, partitions, chopchop, frag, handshake, ettercap, cowpatty.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Problems: MBR, partitions, chopchop, frag, handshake, ettercap, cowpatty.

Hello

I've been avoiding to start a new thread but I think it's time, I have many doubts about many things and I can't find my answers. I think I'm having an overdose of information and I'm messing it all up. Need help. I will tell you my story and ask questions along the way.

First, tried BT3 with no positive results, had problems with madwifi drivers.

Then, tried BT4. Success. Installed it into an external HD of 40 Gb. I'm using 6gb for ext3 and 2gb for swap. The rest is FAT32. (Now I can see that i should have done a bigger partition for ext3, i use the desktop a lot...). Is there anyway to make a bigger partition of ext3 without erasing any data?

The first and very ridiculous problem is that i think i messed up the winVista MBR file because if I reboot my laptop without the external HD plugged in i can't get to Windows. It gives me some grub error, so i guess i messed up when installing BT4. The only way to go to windows is via the grub boot menu (only works with HD plugged in). How can i recover my normal boot?

Ok, this wasn't enough to keep me away from BT4. It was time to start doing something. I've set my router to WEP Encryption. Injection worked perfectly (ath9 here), collected a lot of data, AP cracked. Beautiful. Tried again this time clientless with chopchop and fragmentation attacks. Once again it worked perfect. Question: Is there a way to make a data packet appear from nowhere? (when clientless, using -4 or -5)

Next step was setting the router to WPA. This is where problems begin.
    Sometimes i can capture the handshakes and sometimes i can't. I have one laptop connected to the AP and another one trying to DeAuth but sometimes i can't get association. I can see a lot of packets beeing lost but no DeAuth happens. The question: What can i do to have more success capturing Handshakes? (i use #aireplay-ng -1 0 ..... and the "picky" version)

And so I cheated. I connected to the AP via Wicd, with my passphrase. I started Ettercap, scanned for hosts, saw the other laptop, added to target 2, and the router to target 1, now the question: Do i have allways to use the 2 targets?

Started mitm with arp-poisoning with success. I went to the "target" laptop and started surfing a bit. This surfing session was very suspicious. Very slow. I got some passwords and usernames in ettercap but the surfing in the "target" laptop was really really bad. So here's another question: Is there a way for sniffing with ettercap without causing this bad connection?

I had unfinished business with WPA so tried it again. This time i searched for rainbow tables, airolib and cowpatty (what a world!). What have i done, this made me more confuse. I want to use rainbow tables, i have a wordlist and have a specific essid. From scratch, how can i do that? (am i asking too much spoonfeeding here? i kinda feel that, i've red "=Xploitz= & friends" related posts but i still can't do it).

I think this post is already too big so i will stop now. There are more questions that I'll ask if this gets any answers.

Just 2 more things, I wasn't sure where to post this but since i feel like i am a completely noob i posted it here in the newbie section.
    Last, sorry for my bad english.

Regards.

number 1: there is a partitioner included called gparted which should allow you to increase the size of the partition. i recommend you burn it on to its own live cd as u dont wanna use a drive while its repartitioning.

number 2: this is not a windows forum. please next time address that issue to a windows dedicated forum. how ever, try this. first leave ur hdd in and log into windows. remove ur removable hdd and run fixmbr in windows. that should do the trick, i might be completley wrong on this though.

number 3: no idea. sorry

number 4: try to wait a bit between the deauths, for some reason it screws up for me too when i try and deauth too many times one after the other.

number 5: refer to this as this will give u a fundamental understand of what selecting the hosts actually does. this will in turn answer ur question
    http://www.oxid.it/downloads/apr-intro.swf

number 6: no idea, never happened to me.

number 7: no idea. sorry

and yea well written post. i like how u highlighted the questions. hope i helped.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Hello again, thank you for helping me out....

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectZero View Post
    number 1: there is a partitioner included called gparted which should allow you to increase the size of the partition. i recommend you burn it on to its own live cd as u dont wanna use a drive while its repartitioning.
    The Resize option is not available for any of the 3 partitions i have (ext3, swap and FAT32), I think the only way is do it all from the beginning. Or, just thought about this now, delete FAT32 partition, this gives me some "unused" space is disk and maybe then I can resize the other partition (ext3)

number 2: this is not a windows forum. please next time address that issue to a windows dedicated forum. how ever, try this. first leave ur hdd in and log into windows. remove ur removable hdd and run fixmbr in windows. that should do the trick, i might be completley wrong on this though.
    I know this is not a windows forum but it's a windows problem that came from the BT4 installation, I thought someone else could have experienced the same problem. (Not really a problem, it's more like a mistake). I'll try what you suggested. Thanks again.

number 3: no idea. sorry
    No problem, i will wait for more answers...

number 4: try to wait a bit between the deauths, for some reason it screws up for me too when i try and deauth too many times one after the other.
    yeah...I think I have to be more patient, anyway, let's see if someone else gives opinion.

number 5: refer to this as this will give u a fundamental understand of what selecting the hosts actually does. this will in turn answer ur question
    htt p://ww w.oxid.it/downloads/apr-intro.swf
    Thank You! Great info here.

number 6: no idea, never happened to me.

number 7: no idea. sorry
    No problem, I'll keep looking for answers.

Once again, thank you very much, you were very helpful.

Regards

as for ur resize problem, did u try burning a live cd of gparted and booting that? through that you should be able to resize those partitions

edit: hmm i have a bad feeling that those types of partitions cant be resized. i might be wrong but thats wht my intuition is telling me
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by upgrade View Post
    Is there anyway to make a bigger partition of ext3 without erasing any data?
    I just found the answer:

Quote Originally Posted by man resize2fs

NAME
    resize2fs - ext2/ext3 file system resizer

SYNOPSIS
    resize2fs [ -fFpPM ] [ -d debug-flags ] [ -S RAID-stride ] device
    [ size ]

DESCRIPTION
    The resize2fs program will resize ext2 or ext3 file systems. It
    can be used to enlarge or shrink an unmounted file system located
    on device.
    maybe this will help someone. it will help me i hope. just have to run liveCD as you said, unmount the external HD (probably it will be unmounted from default) and then resize the partition.

Regards.