Thread: PLC/BPL penetration

Default PLC/BPL penetration

Hi! I'm completly noob regarding backtrack, however, i'm trying to learn, specificaly in PLC key crack, and PLC promiscuous mode.
    by PLC i mean Power Line Communication, or BPL (broadband over power line).
    I've done endless searches over the internet and in this forum, without any meanfull results.. Don't know if it's due to being portuguese and not knowing specific technical terms or if there just is no information and general interest over this subject, so i figure maybe you guys can give a little more information about exploiting PLC.. Sorry if thread is in wrong area..
    Plzz help, or comment about this subject. Thanx!

P.S. - BT3 Rulezz

Cool

Hi! I've searched a little bit more about this subject and the encription used on PLC's are AES 128bit, an encription very similar to WPA2.. So what do you think?
    Is it possible to get promiscuous mode? In some cases the PLC doesn't have encription activated, and it's possible to connect, but i still can't sniff packets this way..

This connection type is ideal to crack! first, you can´t be discovered by MAC on the AP because the mac acossiated is the PLC AP MAC from the "victim", and even if they find your PLC MAC at the PLC AP page, it's praticly impossible to trace, considering that the MAC is not acossiated to any client or pc..
    Also there is no MAC filtering on PLC AP...

I will try to find more and post it here, but i really apreciated some participation from you guys.. I really think this is the best future sollution to penetrate a home network, and avoid problems like bad reception, walking arround with the antenna (or notebook)trying to find the appropriate coverage.

Regards!