Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28 gb wordlist (exclusive) 2009

In my opinion attacks with wordlists are very unspectacular..........

and they take very very long....
    www.myownremote.blogspot.com

Developer

Thats is a matter of opinion and hardware. I would beg to differ. I have around 100 realworld .cap files of wpa handshakes and I would say I have cracked around 30 of them so those are not bad odds. Plus I can run the crack in a hour or two with my hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Thats is a matter of opinion and hardware. I would beg to differ. I have around 100 realworld .cap files of wpa handshakes and I would say I have cracked around 30 of them so those are not bad odds. Plus I can run the crack in a hour or two with my hardware.
    pureh@te --

Can you give me some details of your conquests? That is, approx how many real world .cap files were cracked with bruteforce methods versus your wordlists?

If you play your cards close-to-the-vest that's cool ... just wanted to understand your technique(s).

I know I know: Step #1 - Get hardware that rocks.
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
    I know I know: Step #1 - Get hardware that rocks.
    Step #0: Learn how WPA works to realise why what you just said about bruteforcing vs wordlists is liable to annoy a very large amount of people.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Developer

kidFromBigD, Yeah like Gitsnik said I do not use brute force at all except in one way. the way I use it is I have found a ridiculous amount of people use their 10 digit phone number for their wpa key so I use crunch and add the area code + 8 chars brute force which does not take to long. Other than that I have a pretty good wordlist of about 3.5 gigs I use. Like I said I have a 20 - 30 percent success rate with real world caps which really isnt to bad when you consider how many combos of wpa there is.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    kidFromBigD, Yeah like Gitsnik said I do not use brute force at all except in one way. the way I use it is I have found a ridiculous amount of people use their 10 digit phone number for their wpa key so I use crunch and add the area code + 8 chars brute force which does not take to long. Other than that I have a pretty good wordlist of about 3.5 gigs I use. Like I said I have a 20 - 30 percent success rate with real world caps which really isnt to bad when you consider how many combos of wpa there is.
    Excellent. Thanks for the clarification.
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by black_hat View Post
    uall this is very interesting.
    I have a friend who is programmer and create a script in c that generates a huge wordlist.
    Can you share that programmer ?

cud i have a rapidshare or hotfile link for this brother?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12