Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back Track 4 pre-final Boot failure

Just burned his ISO

Hi. I have the same problem on a Packard Bell laptop.
    You can try loading the kernel like this (read on menu.lst in the iso)

Code:
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz BOOT=casper boot=casper nopersistent rw quiet vga=0x317
    and then try boot. However this didn´t work for me.

Have fun

Just burned his ISO

I have the same problem with getting kicked into grub as well. Typing any of the lines in menu.lst (kernel /boot/vmlinuz...) gives me an 'error 13' message.

Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

mates, i got the same problem.
    i am very sad about this, really...

check out my thread to the problem:

forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-bugs-fixes/25389-grub-shell-error-12-no-boot-menu.html

it seems not to be a very common error...

very misterious.

---

btw,

You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more.
    this sucks. its not an 'other' site ... -.- stupid

Quote Originally Posted by bender01101 View Post
    mates, i got the same problem.
    i am very sad about this, really...

check out my thread to the problem:

forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-4-bugs-fixes/25389-grub-shell-error-12-no-boot-menu.html

it seems not to be a very common error...

very misterious.

---

btw,

this sucks. its not an 'other' site ... -.- stupid
    Before calling anyone stupid again.think twice and thrice as the mods and admins have lots of work to do and as as side note its not a good practice to come on professional forum and to call people stupid who are doing their best efforts and dont blame anyone just because you are not able to post the links.

Just burned his ISO

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by secure_it View Post
    Before calling anyone stupid again.think twice and thrice as the mods and admins have lots of work to do and as as side note its not a good practice to come on professional forum and to call people stupid who are doing their best efforts and dont blame anyone just because you are not able to post the links.
    i think you did not get this right.
    i did not call anyone stupid. i called the message stupid, because its useless (useless for this kind of links, which direct to another thread on the same forum).

my previous post was not meant to offend anyone.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bender01101 View Post
    i think you did not get this right.
    i did not call anyone stupid. i called the message stupid, because its useless (useless for this kind of links, which direct to another thread on the same forum).

my previous post was not meant to offend anyone.
    Actually I thought the same thing as secure_it when I read your post.
    As far as links go, since you have read the rules that references it you will know that there is a good reason for the rule. If you do not like it contact one of the Mod's or Admin's and explain your stance to them (more than likely it won't help).
    Also a little "munging" goes a long way.
    hxxp =http w w w = etc.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Actually I thought the same thing as secure_it when I read your post.
    As far as links go, since you have read the rules that references it you will know that there is a good reason for the rule. If you do not like it contact one of the Mod's or Admin's and explain your stance to them (more than likely it won't help).
    Also a little "munging" goes a long way.
    hxxp =http w w w = etc.

its fine.
    i think you guys understand my intention now, and before starting to philosophize anymore, i excuse if someone felt offended.

i know. i deleted the "http ://" in front of the link and its okay. but i was just annoyed to see this message after clicking the submit button.

cheers

Just burned his ISO

Default any fix too this problem?

iam having the same problem too.whats weird is it works in my pentium 4 desktop/and my other dual core laptop.my pentium m laptop just wont boot it at all.it goes straight too this menu that says grub>

it also says (minimal bash-like editing supported) on the top with more stuff after that.

i tried too switch it too boot directly too my dvd drive and i get the same.my dvd drive is fine and reads dvd movies.i have read the other posts,but havent had any luck booting it.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by coldroses27 View Post
    iam having the same problem too.whats weird is it works in my pentium 4 desktop/and my other dual core laptop.my pentium m laptop just wont boot it at all.it goes straight too this menu that says grub>

it also says (minimal bash-like editing supported) on the top with more stuff after that.

i tried too switch it too boot directly too my dvd drive and i get the same.my dvd drive is fine and reads dvd movies.i have read the other posts,but havent had any luck booting it.
    did you read this?

i did not find a real solution for booting from dvd, but i managed to install it to my harddrive, and that works fine. no probs to boot.
    try it.

When i burnt my dvd a few months ago i had 2 disks in a row do this and it wasn't untill the 2nd download and third burn i got one to work. It sounds like its not copying correctly I need another disk for class anyway I'll assume your on the bt4pre-final and download a fresh copy and try it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast