Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Metasploit Unleashed - Mastering the Framework

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Spoon feeder
    Hahaha nahh I was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by waxlrose View Post
    Hahaha nahh I was just curious.
    Just to add a little bit more, and this is just my experiences from the Offsec class, but the videos compliment the pdf. The pdf will have instructions but is more focused on the lab projects, and might leave out a few bits that the videos will contain. Also the videos serve as an easy visual aid to learn by, it's a lot easier to see how something is done vs. reading it.

Again this is just my experiences and I don't represent how the actual class will be.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Spoon feeder
    Heh

Yeah, you're right, too much spoon feeding, next time I'll let the poster look up "free of charge" at thefreedictionary.com
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Im going to read the metasploit toolkit book, so I think there is no point why I should take this course... right or wrong? What do you think?
    Auswaertsspiel

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    Im going to read the metasploit toolkit book, so I think there is no point why I should take this course... right or wrong? What do you think?
    Wrong (IMHO). There is an old adage that pertains to vi, but will work here:

"No matter how much you know, every time you watch someone use vi you learn something new".
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    I don't know, that book didn't review very well on Amazon. Plus, the contents of the Offensive Security course looks pretty good, and considering HD Moore was involved I think the course content should have some pretty impressive detail. The price to access the PDF manual and labs is also good (cant beat free), and if you do decide to spring for the videos and the certification attempt, your money goes to help a good cause. All sounds good to me.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

_jond

I'm def taking this class if everyone says it's good which I'm assuming they will.
    My only suggestion to the author is to make sure it's damn hard to steal this.
    I'm paying for it, but I'm going to be pissed if it's on bit torrent.

Maybe write a script to custom make each video purchase. Have it put their put their name in very light text inside the videos often and randomly.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _jond View Post
    I'm def taking this class if everyone says it's good which I'm assuming they will.
    My only suggestion to the author is to make sure it's damn hard to steal this.
    I'm paying for it, but I'm going to be pissed if it's on bit torrent.

Maybe write a script to custom make each video purchase. Have it put their put their name in very light text inside the videos often and randomly.
    The videos (at least for the other courses) are watermarked far better than the original OS101 was.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123