Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding internet monitoring methods. example: email,chat,websites

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    lmao The ironic part is I am a parent and I can do that.
    As an after thought, I wonder whatever happened to "the ol' shovel and a .45'?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    As an after thought, I wonder whatever happened to "the ol' shovel and a .45'?
    Depends on the logs.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wif1bust3r View Post
    Don't jump into conclusion right away that something can't be done just because you're sure that there is no software installed on her laptop. There is no perfect security solution to protect all those communications you mentioned so it's possible to circumvent them one way or another.
    What about OpenVPN? The thing's bulletproof. If he's 100% that's there's no dodgy backdoors on the girlfriend's computer (and on his own computer), then OpenVPN would make sure nobody can snoop, not even the guys with the three hundred Playstation 3's.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Guys, I think that this is all code. I think I have cracked it though...

The uncoded message is in the CODE blocks

Okay, so it's clear, yes I am a teenager trying to get around
    security.
    Code:
    Okay, I am an overbearing parent and I need security that can't 
    be hacked
    Story is this: my girlfriend has some unbearably controlling parents
    who hate that she's with me.
    Code:
    My daughter is with an unsavory.  This will not do
    In an attempt to keep us from talking they are monitoring All
    internet activity on their wireless network, they can read every email,
    im, facebook posts, etc that she sends out to the world.
    Code:
    I need software that can monitor anything she
    does on the internet.  I don't want this unsavory to contact her!
    What I don't understand is how this is being done, because it is not
    software on her local machine. She is running Ubuntu linux I set up on her
    notebook and there is no way that any monitoring software was installed on
    this machine.
    Code:
    I don't know how to do this on linux.  I can barely turn on a PC for 
    anything more than looking at email and news on a daily basis.  I need help.
    Somehow they are monitoring all internet activity however. Despite
    my best googling efforts I've come up with no way this could be done. We've
    been using PGP encryption to prevent their reading emails, but I am really
    curious how they are doing this and what softwares out there could be used
    for it?
    Code:
    I told her that I can monitor everything that she does on the internet, 
    and for now she believes me, but this won't continue for long.  She is smart
    you see, must be to get linux installed.  I have googled and googled to no 
    avail!  I am at my wits end!!!!!
    Obviously my end goal is to figure out a way to circumvent this so any
    reccomendations to do that would be appreciated as well. Thanks for your time
    and wisdom.
    Code:
    Obviously I am trying to find a method that cannot be traced by the average
    hacker.  I don't want it circumvented.  Thanks for taking time to help me with 
    this, and I look forward to the wisdom of this community!

Quote Originally Posted by AnActivist View Post
    Isn't it obvious...they converted the Metasploit
    reverse_tcp payload into an executable, then set it up so that it runs whenever
    to computer is powered on; once the connection is made they obviously are using
    the keylogrecorder.rb script and are saving your girlfriends keystrokes to a
    database and then greping it for any suspicious behavior...this is pretty standard
    behavior for parents these days...
    Code:
    Ahhh ok.. that is how it is done!  now to google that and see if I can
    make sense of it.... hrmmm.. nope.. will have to wait a while and then repost 
    asking how to do that...  Hope they don't realize that I am trying to get rid 
    of mister unsavory!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Forget the technology, forget the girl...

Children basically become just like their parents (whether we're willing to admit it or not) ... do you really want to deal with a wife that's going to be like her parents are currently?

Also in general I trust parents instincts, there must be a reason for them wanting to keep you apart (sorry). As a race humans must have developed instincts for a reason, if they were wrong more than they were right we wouldn't have them.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Children basically become just like their parents (whether we're willing to admit it or not) ... do you really want to deal with a wife that's going to be like her parents are currently?
    Wow... now that's a statement.

I've seen people who are nothing like their parents, people who openly and publicly rebuke their parents, e.g. "My da just smokes hash all day, he's a waster". One of the nicest guys (maybe the nicest) I've ever met comes from a train wreck of a family.

Also in general I trust parents instincts, there must be a reason for them wanting to keep you apart (sorry). As a race humans must have developed instincts for a reason, if they were wrong more than they were right we wouldn't have them.
    You're forgetting that most human beings are stupid.

But the bigger issue here is that the world is full of a**holes, and there's nothing to stop an a**hole becoming a parent.

I've had more than one Asian mother want me to stay away from her daughter, and here's some of the reasons:
    1) I wear shorts instead of trousers at night time (it's really hot over here, not that I need an excuse)
    2) I ride a motorbike instead of driving a car
    3) I drink water and soft drinks when I go to a bar (I don't drink alcohol)

For reasons such as these, the mother decides I'm "no good". But of course my verdict is: The mother is an a**hole.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Wow... now that's a statement.
    Yes it's a generalization but I still argue that it holds true in the vast majority of cases.
    I've seen people who are nothing like their parents, people who openly and publicly rebuke their parents, e.g. "My da just smokes hash all day, he's a waster". One of the nicest guys (maybe the nicest) I've ever met comes from a train wreck of a family.
    Agreed ... I've seen this too.

You're forgetting that most human beings are stupid.
    Sadly, overwhelmingly.

But the bigger issue here is that the world is full of a**holes, and there's nothing to stop an a**hole becoming a parent.
    This makes me think of the movie Idiocracy.

I've had more than one Asian mother want me to stay away from her daughter, and here's some of the reasons:
    1) I wear shorts instead of trousers at night time (it's really hot over here, not that I need an excuse)
    2) I ride a motorbike instead of driving a car
    I can see that. But then there's also the "this is the internet factor". Despite the claims of the OP we don't ACTUALLY know that he's not some 40s something mid-life crisiser (good word eh?) who won't leave some 14yr old alone.

For reasons such as these, the mother decides I'm "no good". But of course my verdict is: The mother is an a**hole.
    Which brings us a full loop back to the start, in the vast majority of cases the daughter would be the same, would you wish that on your future kids?

Edit: For the purposes of this post I intend "vast majority" to indicate on the order of >=75%.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Wow... now that's
    I've had more than one Asian mother want me to stay away from her daughter{paraquoting here for one reason}

Yeah, that is the very reason you should stay away from MY daughter LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Edit: For the purposes of this post I intend "vast majority" to indicate on the order of >=75%.
    OK I suppose that's reasonable enough

Anyway, I really shouldn't have written my previous post, it's off-topic as hell on this forum, plus I've a really bad habit of keeping off-topic conversations going... and going... and going...

Best of luck, see you in another thread

OK I suppose that's reasonable enough

Anyway, I really shouldn't have written my previous post, it's off-topic as hell on this forum, plus I've a really bad habit of keeping off-topic conversations going... and going... and going...

Best of luck, see you in another thread
    Fricken tosser.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast