Thread: quick question pretty simple i think

Just burned his ISO

Default quick question pretty simple i think

When trying to crack a wep password on a wireless network does a legit computer (wirelessly) connected to the Access Point have to be communicating in order to create data to try and crack. In other words if no1 was using a wireless WEP AP and it was still sitting there ready to go would an attacker still be able to carry out an attack?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Yes.

Google it
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by towelee View Post
    When trying to crack a wep password on a wireless network does a legit computer (wirelessly) connected to the Access Point have to be communicating in order to create data to try and crack. In other words if no1 was using a wireless WEP AP and it was still sitting there ready to go would an attacker still be able to carry out an attack?
    Why not just trying it?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by towelee View Post
    Theres a couple of relevant documents at the link below that will enable you to work out the answer to your question in detail
    tutorial [Aircrack-ng]
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

In the future please adhere to the forum rules you agreed to when you registered.
    Use sensible descriptive titles in your posts - not titles such as "Please Help!!" or "Need Assistance" or "what Am I Doing Wrong?" etc
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.