Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless for ath5k not working properly

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Did you notice the Ubuntu driver is called "ath5k_pci" while the BT driver is called "ath5k"? It's on the last line of the code you posted.

Honestly I don't know if it makes a difference but it might be worth investigating.

One other thing, have you tried using Wireshark to record the DHCP transaction on both Ubuntu and Backtrack? You could look at the frames and see if they're different.

I have a hunch... but I could be way off. Maybe Ubuntu supplies the DHCP server with a host name, whereas BT doesn't. It might be a funky DHCP server that doesn't play friendly unless you give it a hostname. But I could be way off.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Just burned his ISO

Red face I'll try both

No I didn't notice. I will have a look at that, in additon tonight I will be home again and can test with another DHCP-server.

Best Regards
    Selepo

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I'm curious, did you ever figure this one out?
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12