Thread: HP Pavilion zt1135 Won't Boot BT 4 pre release

Just burned his ISO

Default HP Pavilion zt1135 Won't Boot BT 4 pre release

I have successfully booted version 2 and 3. Version 4 boots to a GRUB prompt and will not go further. I have tried changing media, but the disk boots on other pc. I am assuming there is some problem with the HP Pavilion ZT1135 notebook that I am using since the kernel won't even load. Any one had any experience with this problem? Thanx My Prism2.5 seneo NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2 is seen by version 2 (report a hermes chipset orinco though, and I have never been able to get it to work) version 3 will not see the card at all, and version 4 (of course) will not boot. I am not as much concerned with the card imcompatibility (I have known compatible cards) as I am with the fact that V4 won't boot.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neurohack View Post
    I have successfully booted version 2 and 3. Version 4 boots to a GRUB prompt and will not go further. I have tried changing media, but the disk boots on other pc. I am assuming there is some problem with the HP Pavilion ZT1135 notebook that I am using since the kernel won't even load. Any one had any experience with this problem? Thanx My Prism2.5 seneo NL-2511CD PLUS EXT2 is seen by version 2 (report a hermes chipset orinco though, and I have never been able to get it to work) version 3 will not see the card at all, and version 4 (of course) will not boot. I am not as much concerned with the card imcompatibility (I have known compatible cards) as I am with the fact that V4 won't boot.
    Can you try booting with ubuntu ?
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Default Ok, tried Ubutnu 9.04...

Forgive being a noob, but I tried to boot from the iso of ubutnu 9.04 and it worked fine, and I even installed it next to my xp on the hd. I am going to take a guess and assume there is some utility mode of that ubutnu iso that I can use it to boot from the BT4 pre final dvd disc I burned? Is that what you meant? Thanks so much for your time. just to be clear, the BT4 disc boots fine in other pc. I have tried a usb external DVD drive also but alas, my BIOS does not support booting from usb it would appear. (there was no discernible option for such, only the usual legacy things). And also, all other versions of BT boot fine on that notebook, but BT4 just dumps to a GRUB prompt after a second or less of boot access to the dvd drive. Is there a manual command I can type to get past it? I have tried a few, but did not get far. I am unfamiliar with the exact syntax. Thanks again.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by neurohack View Post

i had the same problem with my HP Pavilion dv4-1220us

all i did was boot off USB. Use UNetbootin to help install(ISO to USB STICK) pretty easy.

ooh and im sure everyone knows this but to make sure.. BIOS > Boot Order > USB Key etc... (Put that as the very first)

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Sorry for the delay in response I didn't see your response until today.
    Try what the post above me stated in regards to usb boot with unetbootin.
    Not sure if it will help or not. But since you can boot to ubuntu that means that cd booting is supported by your laptop. As such there will be a way ( I am sure) to make bt4 boot as well.
    You might need to pass some boot cheats to the kernel.
    Have a look around the ubuntu forums for your laptop model and boot problems to see what others have tried.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.