Thread: won't boot after i install BT4 live to usb

Just burned his ISO

Question won't boot after i install BT4 live to usb

i am fairly new to Linux, and i have been hearing some interesting things about Backtrack from those who have an interest or want to spark interest in network security. so i figure i'll give it a shot. i got BT4 saved to my flash drive by using Unetbootin and everything was perfect. but when it says to reboot now and select the USB Boot option, Backtrack does not even attempt to start. i am using XP as an OS if that helps anyone of you who wants to help me out. really would appreciate it.

Default Re: won't boot after i install BT4 live to usb

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic IQ View Post
    i am fairly new to Linux, and i have been hearing some interesting things about Backtrack from those who have an interest or want to spark interest in network security. so i figure i'll give it a shot. i got BT4 saved to my flash drive by using Unetbootin and everything was perfect. but when it says to reboot now and select the USB Boot option, Backtrack does not even attempt to start. i am using XP as an OS if that helps anyone of you who wants to help me out. really would appreciate it.
    To help with your question of "Why wont BT boot!" I'm going to say that your problem is in your BIOS. Make sure that your Boot Order is correct and try again.

Now, your very first comment is also something to note... You might want to check out this link http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad-thread.html

Homework for you: Check your BIOS, Read the New to Linux thread, Report back for debriefing
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.