Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Widescreen lilo vga values

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    And in reality no one gave you a wrong answer and then flamed you.
    Thorn did. And I will continue to think this until I'm shown where the answer lies after googling "lilo vga value" keep in mind he said it took him 30sec to find it after googling this.

Now lets see if you can get a tutorial up on how to change those values and the associated values that can be used, within BT 4
    If anything I would make a chart with the widescreen lilo values for BT3. I probably won't though; this subject has been waaay too much of a pain in the ass for me considering it took me forever to find the value for probably the most common widescreen value.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 333OnlyHalfEvil View Post
    Thorn did. And I will continue to think this until I'm shown where the answer lies after googling "lilo vga value" keep in mind he said it took him 30sec to find it after googling this.
    So what, no one really cares that someone told you to "go google it".
    Further more you should do a little google search on Frank Thornton and then maybe apologize to Thorn for being an arse. Again no one is going to be heart broke if you can't figure out how to get your monitor to work.
    Countless others have done it on countless distros before you and will continue to do so.

I probably won't though; this subject has been waaay too much of a pain in the ass for me considering it took me forever to find the value for probably the most common widescreen value.
    This sounds about right ( and was expected), you came here expecting to be spoonfed and then will not bother to contribute anything back into the community.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Developing good critical thinking and Google search skills will benefit you for life, particularly if you're going to doing IT work or learning new things on your own. All I did was tack the screen resolution you were looking for onto the end of the search string that had already been put out there.

A search for "site=linuxquestions.org lilo vga values" (without quotes) would probably turn up the same answers fairly quickly. You'll definitely benefit from learning how to make full use of Google's search engine capabilities.

If anything I would make a chart with the widescreen lilo values for BT3. I probably won't though; this subject has been waaay too much of a pain in the ass for me considering it took me forever to find the value for probably the most common widescreen value.
    It only gets more complicated as you get further into it. And it's not even a question of how common it is, it's a question of finding the documentation that has the answers you need. Learning Linux and the tools in BackTrack is a LOT of reading and trial and error.

Just burned his ISO

So what, no one really cares that someone told you to "go google it".
    Further more you should do a little google search on Frank Thornton and then maybe apologize to Thorn for being an arse. Again no one is going to be heart broke if you can't figure out how to get your monitor to work.
    Countless others have done it on countless distros before you and will continue to do so.

This sounds about right ( and was expected), you came here expecting to be spoonfed and then will not bother to contribute anything back into the community.
    That's exactly what we need here. Some more flaming. You can flame all you want but it won't negate the fact that I was given the wrong answer and then flamed because of it. Personally, I could care less about what happened; I know people make mistakes. It's kind of hard to forget when I'm being begrudged by others. I just wish I would've saw your reply and thought that the thread he replied in didn't exist. Then all this crap wouldn't be happening. Also, how is it possible for me to contribute when:
    They are posted in several places. Most any lilo configuration document is going to have those values listed.
    it's apparently already been contributed......

Quote Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
    A search for "site=linuxquestions.org lilo vga values" (without quotes) would probably turn up the same answers fairly quickly. You'll definitely benefit from learning how to make full use of Google's search engine capabilities.
    This would imply that I knew what site the answer was on before I even started looking for it. You don't even have to type in the site=. You can just go to advanced search and only search within a site or domain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12