Thread: Auto Copy Files to Root?

Just burned his ISO

Question Auto Copy Files to Root?

So recently i wrote some bash scripts to streamline the process of WEP cracking on my Acer aspire one, reduce amount of typing etc. Anyways i am booting back track 3 from a flash drive and it would be a real help if whenever i boot from it in the boot sequence would automatically copy these scrips to the root directory.

So the question is does anyone know which files i would need to modify or what i need to do inside the bt3 directory to make this happen whenever i boot. Thanks

What about setting up a persistent LiveUSB? This way your files get restored automatically (almost like with a Harddisc installation thanks to aufs). There are lots of tutorials out there for both BT3 and BT4 - be aware that the procedure differs significantly though as BT3 uses linux-live-scripts while with BT4 the developers switched to a casper-based live system.

Use the /rootcopy directory.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

I have tried the rootcopy directory already to no avail (By just putting the files in there perhaps that is not the right way to use it?).I will try the persistent LiveUSB it seems like a good fix. But any more information about rootcopy would be great too.

/rootcopy needs to contain the directory structure for the placement of the file after boot. i.e.: if you want something copied to the desktop after boot you'd have something like:
    Code:
    /rootcopy/home/root/Desktop/SomeFileToCopy.txt
    As always google and forum search are your friend.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Ohh i though you were referring to the actual rootcopy directory inside the bt3 directory.

Yes that's what I meant, I guess I should have said "..../rootcopy/home/root/Desktop/SomeFileToCopy.txt" since I didn't have a CD/ISO handy I didn't actually know the location of /rootcopy