Thread: Adding custom packets&Firefox addons to livecd?

Just burned his ISO

Default Adding custom packets&Firefox addons to livecd?

Is there any way to add some programs and Firefox addons the BackTrack live CD (preferably a method that doesn't require me to install it locally on my hard drive) and if there is, how do I make it? just for example lets take the wine program as a package and Firebug+Adblock addons for Firefox.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I dunno if the following would work:

1) Make a bootable USB stick with BT4 on it
    2) Boot it up and turn on persistent changes
    3) Add all the stuff you want
    4) Make an image file out of the USB stick

Might be worth a try.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Developer

We have a new script on our blog which allows you to make a custom .iso. The problem with add ons is there are about 60-80 security related ones and there is no way to decide who needs what. Many people (including myself) feel they slow firefox down and are unnecessary. So we included a few however its up to you to make your own .iso with the new script. If we added every addon people wanted it would be the fattest, slowest and most bloated browser ever.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I dunno if the following would work:

1) Make a bootable USB stick with BT4 on it
    2) Boot it up and turn on persistent changes
    3) Add all the stuff you want
    4) Make an image file out of the USB stick

Might be worth a try.
    unfortunatly, I dont have a USB stick that can hold an OS, I only have an old 512MB stick. any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    We have a new script on our blog which allows you to make a custom .iso. The problem with add ons is there are about 60-80 security related ones and there is no way to decide who needs what. Many people (including myself) feel they slow firefox down and are unnecessary. So we included a few however its up to you to make your own .iso with the new script. If we added every addon people wanted it would be the fattest, slowest and most bloated browser ever.
    first of all, I have to agree with ya about bloating up FF... its good FF is kept addon free, its better to customize it later with the bare minimum requirements. now regarding the scripts, can I run them off the LiveCD (just later export the iso to the Harddrive) or do I have to install it locally? also how do I add Firefox addon with this script?