Thread: what is /pentest/windows-binaries/tools/nc.txt ???

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default what is /pentest/windows-binaries/tools/nc.txt ???

My guess is that this is some sort of way to hide a netcat executable from AV by packing or obfuscating the internals of the recompiled hex of the program. I have searched the forum and google and still have no idea. Can someone give a clue to a noob?

no its so if you have a shell you can just paste the text into the window and load up nc that way you dont need to grab it from a ftp
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Just burned his ISO

So... while in that shell, netcat just remains in memory? Do most AV's pick up on this?
    thanks again...wait.. i see... it just echos the file to nc.exe where ever your shell is located in the directory structure...i guess..

When you gain a remote shell it is non interactive meaning it can be hard to download things. This is an easy way to get an awesome and usefull tool onto the system, if you want to bypass the AV you will either need to use something else or obfuscate the code as i doubt its going to pass.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.