Thread: Python

Default Python

I have been avoiding this for long enough and finally decided to entice myself into learning Python. I have always wanted to learn some programming and this I believe is giving me the motivation to do so.

I picked this book up today and was wondering if anyone else has read it.
    Gray Hat Python by Justin Seitz.

Will most likely take me longer to read than I would like as I am struggling with Biology and an English class this semester. I am looking forward to diving in, I find it hard to put the book down so far (only into chapter 2).
    15" MBP 8 gigs o ram 256 gig SSD in drivebay + 256 gig 5400 HD
    1000HE EEE 30 gig SSD 2 gigs Ram

Quote Originally Posted by freemymind View Post
    I have been avoiding this for long enough and finally decided to entice myself into learning Python. I have always wanted to learn some programming and this I believe is giving me the motivation to do so.

I picked this book up today and was wondering if anyone else has read it.
    Gray Hat Python by Justin Seitz.

Will most likely take me longer to read than I would like as I am struggling with Biology and an English class this semester. I am looking forward to diving in, I find it hard to put the book down so far (only into chapter 2).
    I saw a review for that book here a few weeks ago, and have been meaning to pick it up and have a look. I believe it was written by one of the guys from ImmunitySec (authors of CANVAS) and I was interested because it could help me get greater use out of CANVAS. It may not be the best choice for a beginner to the language (based solely on comments about that book that I have read), but if you have reasonable experience in another programming language and you're interested in using python for exploit development and reverse engineering (the focus of the book) it sounds pretty good.

You might want to look into the online "Dive into Python" if you want a general introduction to the language first. Post back here with your thoughts once you have read it because Id be interested in your opinion to help me decide whether I should get it...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by vLov3r View Post
    python ruLz
    One more post like that and I will delete you and your account as spam

google up "byte of python" free online book and also "thinking in python"