Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alfa AWUS050NH Problem

Default Alfa AWUS050NH Problem

Hello ,

I've purchased the Alfa AWUS050NH card , when i try to scan for networks i get few results with very poor signal then after 3 seconds most of networks disappear and appear like flashing!!!

this goes under Windows 7 , Vista & BT3

see Image for more info , any tips ?! Thanks

hXXp://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4893/issue.png

What happens when you try in backtrack? Also, from what I read is that the AWUS036H has a better signal for B/G connections then the AWUS050NH. Maybe this has something to do with your problem.

oh am sorry i couldn't identify the problem well, i found out that the card is refreshing networks slowly (on windows 7 only) thats why it shows few networks then it disappear then appear

but my issue now is that signal strength is always POOR !!! while with AWUS036H its excellent even with Intel Pro Wireless 945G i get better strength !!!

Thanks

Do you have a N router to test to what I posted before? The AWUS050NH should have a better signal for N connections but not for B/G witch most people have. AWUS036H should have a better signal for B/G then the AWUS050NH. By what you said, this looks to be true.

No i dont have N router , and am not looking for the exact performance of the 036H

but at least it should be better than my N95 mobile phone which shows better signal

of course less networks but better Signal Strength

You cant seriously be using "bars" as your guide to signal strength ... rite .. rite ?
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by vvpalin View Post
    You cant seriously be using "bars" as your guide to signal strength ... rite .. rite ?
    Aha IC , ok well how can i test the TRUE signal strength ?!

BUMP The Issue Remain A Signal Issue Then

Dude im not trying to be mean but this is NOT a windows forum. I have not once ever used my alfa card in windows, and honestly i never intend to.

You should google up ariodump as thats far more reliable that whatever your seeing in windows.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by rashwan View Post
    BUMP The Issue Remain A Signal Issue Then
    BUMP, that's an infraction there. No need to bump posts in this forum.

Also as vvpalin mentioned, this is not a Windows forum, so you most likely won't get an answer to the question.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast