Thread: issues with msgsnarf programs

Just burned his ISO

Default issues with msgsnarf programs

Hi,

I'm having issues with the msgsnarf programs of the dsniff suite. The problem is I can only sniff my own conversations on IRC.

Here is my test configuration :
    - two computers on my network A and B. B is the one which is going to be attacked.
    - I perform a MITM attack using arpspoof, all the traffic coming from B to the router is now redirected to A and A redirect it to the router.
    - I launch msgsnarf on A
    - I start an IRC session on A and B. The problem is that I can see only the conversations i'm having on A !!

Note : to make dsniff work to sniff password of B I need to use the -c flag otherwise it sniffes only the password of A computer.

Thanks for your help

@+

Developer

Clearly the problem is that you cant read otherwise you would know that new member posts have to be approved my a mod. You triple posted the same question which leads me to belive that most likely you have not read any of the man pages for any of those tools.

Just burned his ISO

Actually I can read, I was just switching pages after i pressed post button.

I also read the man pages for the tools(otherwise i wouldn't have found the -c flag). So i saw that the -c flag was made to handle asymmetrical routing. msgsnarf is not compatible with asymetrical routing. So my question is how to make the routing symetrical ? I think the answer is that I need to tell the router that I'm B. If the answer is this one I don't understand why I can"t sniff messages in asymetrical mode when the connection is coming from B to the router (B send a message) because the packets are passing throug A. When the connection is from the router to B it's not passing through A in assymetrical mode so it'd normal it's not working.

@+