Thread: Wieless problem Backtrack4

Just burned his ISO

Default Wieless problem Backtrack4

Hi i am using Ubuntu machine,to run Backtrack4 i am using USB drive.
    The problem i am facing is that i am not able to access wireless internet while using BT4.......Wireless internet is working properly on ubuntu but when i use USB and run /etc/init.d/networking start command i got an error message NO DHCPOffer .....and if i use wired network to connect its working properly

please help me know the reason and how to overcome this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesh View Post
    Hi i am using Ubuntu machine,to run Backtrack4 i am using USB drive.
    The problem i am facing is that i am not able to access wireless internet while using BT4.......Wireless internet is working properly on ubuntu but when i use USB and run /etc/init.d/networking start command i got an error message NO DHCPOffer .....and if i use wired network to connect its working properly

please help me know the reason and how to overcome this problem
    The most likely reason is that you haven't configured the wireless card properly.

This should give you a good starting point:
    Howto: How to configure your Network Card - Offensive-security.com

Next time, please try and search the forums and wiki first before asking questions that have been answered before.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.