Thread: Installation Problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Installation Problems

ok, so Im new to backtrack, In fact this is the first time Ive ever tried to use it. And Ive had some weird installation problems

1st: I cant get backtrack to boot on a flash drive useing backtrack's Instructions (but thats the least of my problems)

back track 4: Unable to boot from flash drive, semi-works on a dvd. When I load up backtrack 4 I Cant even get to a gui even if I manualy try and type "startx", I get an "Error 27: Command Not Found" error or the like, throught it was a bad install so I re burned it with similar results, re-downloaded Backtrack and tried again with similar results.

Back track 3: Also unable to boot from a flash drive, when I burn it on to dvd it boots, and It starts loading the GUI and then I get a whole bunch of errors that say "Corrupted Download?", so I Checked its MD5 hash against the one posted and it was different.

All of the errors I have seemed to be from corrupted downloads or bad Installs but I have no Idea how that could be, Any advice??

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Installation Problems

Quote Originally Posted by joshkunz View Post
    ok, so Im new to backtrack, In fact this is the first time Ive ever tried to use it. And Ive had some weird installation problems
    Reread the rules first and foremost since you can't seem to post in the correct section.

Back track 3: Also unable to boot from a flash drive,
    We do not support BT3 only 4 Final.
    All of the errors I have seemed to be from corrupted downloads or bad Installs but I have no Idea how that could be, Any advice??
    Ok we have a faq section on this forum, it will answer all of your questions, that you have posted. I highly encourage you to read it.
    If for some reason after reading through it and then following one the install guides you still have problems then post back to this thread.
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 03-08-2010 at 07:20 PM.