Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Basics

thanks, it worked for me just fine

Just burned his ISO

archangel.amael "Might be a good idea to re-read the rules because this post makes you look suspect"
    This was not my intention I was just trying to look at it from a ground 0 perspective. I have A controlled environment were I have the answers all ready but a realistically attacker would not I just was curious how the "Magic" works.

JohnMa69 "You should KNOW YOUR Router's name and company cause it says so on your setup page"
    LOL ya I am a noob but even I know that much
    JohnMa69 "If I remember corretly, those tables are precomputed tables for default router names"
    So say for example I have a netgear router and I changed the name to notnetgear then when i use cowpatty with a net gear rainbow table its not going to work because its no longer default name netgear ?

wif1bust3r "How about bypassing the router web interface login completely? I tried it with one brand, and was successful. Most routers do not have much security on their web interface login by default. Some only use basic redirection for login authentication, while others use ntlm. Some even have the routers web admin interface accessible from the WAN interface by default, and so eventually people came up with stealthy worms that target home dsl routers. It would be nice if manufacturers would create random administrator username and password for each device coming out of their factory. They just have to write it in a sticker attached to the device. This way, hackers won't find much use of the phenoelite-us.org default password list."
    Thats really interesting i will most defo look into that thx

So say for example I have a netgear router and I changed the name to notnetgear then when i use cowpatty with a net gear rainbow table its not going to work because its no longer default name netgear ?
    The table names you see listed are for the ssid of your target ap. Manufacturer dosen't matter. For instance I could have every linksys router I own named Netgear. Your ssid needs to match the name of the table otherwise you will need to either read a wordlist on the fly or precompute your own lookup table to match your SSID. Make sure to include your password in your wordlist if you want your test to be succesful. There is no bruteforcing of WPA.

Look into cowpatty, and pyrit for more info.
    ~Monovitae~

Just burned his ISO imported_FireCrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    If you mean a link for hydra try...
    A nice place to start, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12