Thread: Broadcom 802.11b/g problem ?

Just burned his ISO

Question Broadcom 802.11b/g problem ?

I have broadcom wlan 14e4 4329 rev 3 is this driver suppoted ? I can use my laptop and recover my wep key but i can not connect to internet ? yes i have read posts for the last 3 hours and can not connect . I have tried pppoe, dhcpcd, ifconfig, iwconfig, with no luck is it my card or am i just for sure a newb ? please help and thank you

Did you try dhclient?

Iwconfig [interface] essid [your essid] key [your wep key in hex]

dhclient [your interface].

Just burned his ISO

Question

I will when I get home. But can you verify my newb thoughts on this for me if I can get my wep key then my card and drivers must be ok to work with BT3 and thus I should be able to connect to the internet ? Also since BT3 is based of SLAX is there modules you can add to BT3 as well ? As always thanks for the help

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

Thank you very much for the information for I am online with BT3 , I had 2 mistakes wrong interface and had entered the key wrong, So to all you newbs out there don't make a problem worse by not taking time to see what you have typed, Thanks Handsome Geek !

It is pleasure to help you.

But for next time try to search a little bit. I am telling you this for your good because then you will learn many things about linux by searching forums, wiki and other sites.

Linux has very good support out there.