Thread: BT4 Pre Final on a SD Card.

Hybrid View

Default BT4 Pre Final on a SD Card.

Hello !

I just decided to install BT 4, because i have read that BT 4 supports b43 Driver for the Broadcom Chipsets and so i dont need to update my Kernel of my BT3. My question is, if it is possible to install BT4 with the ability to keep changes on a SD (SDHC) Card. I just bought today a 4GB SD Card.
    I found some tutorials wich only works with the BT4 Beta version, ant not the BT4. I also tried to use "Installer.sh" to try if it can install on the SD Card but it only shows me harddisks and not SD Cards.

Does anyone one a good tutorial how i can install BT4 with changes on a SD Card ??

Quote Originally Posted by twoR_x64 View Post
    Hello !

I just decided to install BT 4, because i have read that BT 4 supports b43 Driver for the Broadcom Chipsets and so i dont need to update my Kernel of my BT3. My question is, if it is possible to install BT4 with the ability to keep changes on a SD (SDHC) Card. I just bought today a 4GB SD Card.
    I found some tutorials wich only works with the BT4 Beta version, ant not the BT4. I also tried to use "Installer.sh" to try if it can install on the SD Card but it only shows me harddisks and not SD Cards.

Does anyone one a good tutorial how i can install BT4 with changes on a SD Card ??
    It's kinda odd it's not showing you the sd card. I have it installed on a 4Gb sd card on my eeePc. Is your sd card bootable for your laptop?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Yes my SD Card is bootable. I Just tried it.

I dont make the installation on my laptop because it has no CD Rom drive.
    I just bought a Multi Card Reader and the SD Card to make this on my Desktop PC.

At first BT didnt recognized the mutli card reader with the SD card but i fix that problem with this command:

Code:
    echo 8 > /sys/module/scsi_mod/parameters/max_luns
    When i typed this and replugged my Mutli Card Reader it appears in Konquerer and i can put and read files with it.

Do i have to make a special format to the SD Card before i gonna use install.sh or can i format via install.sh ??

Woooot ! My first success feelings in the last days.

i just followed this tutorial:
    Backtrack 4 – USB/Persistent Changes/Nessus | Infosec Ramblings

and tried to boot it. At the first boot, it stucked at the Line: PenetratioN Testing and Audity....

I tried again and now it is running... even the sound is working and my WLAN is working too !

I will try now to look if the system keep files, after a reboot.

EDIT:

IT DOESNT WORK ... the files are deleted after reboot. I just didnt understand the part of the tutorial with the Persistent Changes... my english is not so good.

I can help you with this.... did you partition it correctly? Boot it & check partition size & type.
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

Hey man !

The boot is working fine now....

but the WLAN makes problems... with BT4 now the WLAN LED turns on and i can switch it on and off with a button on the front of the laptop.
    My WLAN is Broadcom BCM4312 (rev 01) (Information taken from: lspci)
    I also ran: modprobe b43 but when i type airmon-ng it shows me this:

Interface Chipset Driver
    eth1 Unknown wl

instead of wl it shoulb be b43 driver or ? how do i set the b43 driver ?

May be, yes... may be this can help....
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -- Albert Einstein

kazalku

Thank you.

Maybe u can explain me how do i have format (prepare) my SD Card to install BT4 on it with install.sh.

You need at least 8gb card to use the install.sh, otherwise you'll get error msg.
    I installed this on my 4gb SD card (without using install.sh).. do you want me to guide you with this or you like to buy another 8gb to use the install.sh?