Thread: pwntooth: Automated Bluetooth Pen-Testing

Just burned his ISO

Default pwntooth: Automated Bluetooth Pen-Testing

I have created a couple of tools I think people would be interested to have on BT4. They can all be found at hackfromacave.com .

pwntooth -
    (pown-tooth) is designed to automate Bluetooth Pen-Testing. It scans for devices, then runs the tools specified in the pwntooth.conf; included blueper, bluesnarfer, Bluetooth Stack Smasher (BSS), carwhisperer, psm_scan, rfcomm_scan, and vcardblaster.

Two of the tools in the package I created as Bluetooth DoS tools.

Blueper -
    is a tool designed to abuse Bluetooth file transferring. It uses ussp-push to transfer files from one device to another. The design of this tool provides several possible end results. One is an annoyance of continual popups of file transfer requests on the remote device. Another, is to write data to a remote device disk without user interaction. It can even lock up or crash some devices.

vCardBlaster -
    is a tool designed to abuse the sending of vCards over Bluetooth. It allows the user to send a continual stream of vCards to attempt a Bluetooth DoS or abuse other device recourses. A user can send a specific vCard or allow vCardBalster to send a new generated vCard for each iteration. It also allows for an attack on one or all Bluetooth enabled devices in the area.

Just burned his ISO

Default pwntooth and BlueSmash are not the same

I should point out that pwntooth and BlueSmash are not the same.

BlueSmash is a user-friendly / all-inclusive kit for pen-testing individual bluetooth devices in a "point and click" manner. BlueSmash is a more targeted tool with many options preconfigured for easy use. It is a great place to start your Bluetooth hacking fun.

pwntooth, on the other hand, is a fully automated "search and destroy" tool for advanced users who wish to run a series of tests against each device in the target area. While there are some pre-configured lines in the pwntooth.conf file, it is mostly designed for users to specify their own pen-testing configuration. pwntooth can be used in conjunction with the tools and scripts provided by BlueSmash.

hello, your make file is wrong in /tools
    in /tools/helomoto-maemo, it's already compiled, whith which gcc you have compiled this ? and seems to be not work, in your makefile for tools when i have fixed it, i have :

cp bluesnarfer /usr/bin/
    cp bss /usr/bin/
    cp psm_scan /usr/bin/
    cp rfcomm_scan /usr/bin/
    cp carwhisperer /usr/bin/
    cp vcblaster /usr/bin/
    cp blueper /usr/bin/
    cp timeout /usr/bin/

helomoto-maemo is not installed (but it's not important because, it's buggy) and not present in your configfile

///////////
    EDIT

Ok, helomoto maemo, can't work, it's already compiled but for nokia tablet pc

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, I left helomoto in there just as an additional package, thats why it is commented out in the makefile.

NOTE: I also found some bugs and have posted an update. If pwntooth did make it onto Backtrack, I would suggest an update because I had a bug in my counter and where the config file was loaded from. pwntooth v0.2.1 is now up on sourceforge.net.

Developer

I will need testing by someone I trust before I consider this for backtrack. I myself am not well versed enough in bluetooth hacking.

Just burned his ISO

If Dr_GrEeN gives it the thumbs up, would that be good enough?