Thread: BT4 pre install without dvd or usb?

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 pre install without dvd or usb?

Greetings.

My only hardware atm:
    Macbook (model 3.1, intel core 2 duo); USB HD, and a usb stick.

I'd like to install BT4 to a secondary partition on the internal disk, but don't have access to a dvd burner. So i formatted the stick as GUID and prepared it with UNetbootin, once in BT and once in win xp (vmware). Still it won't show up at the device selection screen.

I'd really appreciate suggestions on how to proceed without usb or dvd, if that's at all possible.

Just burned his ISO

Well i figured it out. I'll post how just in case some other noob might be wondering.

* Dual boot Leopard / BT4 from internal HD on Macbook 3,1 - without DVD *

1) in os x install rEFIT with ext2/3 drivers selected
    2) boot from a live cd (i used Mint 7) and use Unetbootin to install BT4 to external HD (usb) or usb stick.
    3) Follow the instructions on Pendrivelinux for making a boot cd but change the ubcd/boot/grub/menu.lst to the one BT4 uses, or just use the one i made:
    hxxp : // rap idshare . com /files/ 256491436/ usbcd. iso. html
    4) Boot from CD, select the external usb, boot BT4
    5) From there install BT4 to a previously made partition on the internal HD.

I'm sure there's better methods btw.

Quote Originally Posted by simpag View Post
    Well i figured it out. I'll post how just in case some other noob might be wondering.

* Dual boot Leopard / BT4 from internal HD on Macbook 3,1 - without DVD *

1) in os x install rEFIT with ext2/3 drivers selected
    2) boot from a live cd (i used Mint 7) and use Unetbootin to install BT4 to external HD (usb) or usb stick.
    3) Follow the instructions on Pendrivelinux for making a boot cd but change the ubcd/boot/grub/menu.lst to the one BT4 uses, or just use the one i made:
    hxxp : // rap idshare . com /files/ 256491436/ usbcd. iso. html
    4) Boot from CD, select the external usb, boot BT4
    5) From there install BT4 to a previously made partition on the internal HD.

I'm sure there's better methods btw.
    Unetbootin.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69