Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: iwl3945 BackTrack 4

no ones gonna help you cause no one believes your story.
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Just burned his ISO

Im really sorry to heard that..... but i guess there's nothing else i can do for you guys to belive me.......

Just burned his ISO

Hey,

I was having exactly the same issue as you described (which is how I came across this thread). I was trying with an iwl3945 wireless card and the router is a Linksys WRT54GS.

The "aireplay-ng -9" test showed that injection was working with a high percentage. However during the actual replay attack (ARP or interactive) the AP never accepted the injected packets. MAC filtering was off and I could connect to the AP _with_ the WEP key, so I know the router configuration was ok.

Anyway, I had a Linksys wireless card on another computer (which was the victim) and I tried using that to perform the replay attack. This was a Broadcom-based card and following exactly the same steps, the 'real' injection began working.

I know that BT 4 is supposed to include the proper drivers for the iwl3945 (yes, I used the airmon-ng start wlan0 command) but the _only_ difference between the working and non-working ARP attack was the wireless card used.

If you can find an wireless card that _isn't_ an iwl3945, could you try that to see if you have any success? I haven't had time to try any different drivers for the iwl3945, nor have I looked into the difference between the -9 test and 'real' packet injection.

If anyone can shed some light as to how the -9 injection test can show success but real packet injection fails, I would be grateful for this information. I have also checked with tcpdump that the association is successful and that I remain associated during the attack.

Thanks to everyone for providing so much information here.

Skrunch

Just burned his ISO

I keep trying with my Comtrend HG 536 but no success.... i will try the -9 test to check wath output i get, but i never made it to inject any packet......
    I *think* that maybe the driver is not properly patched...... could it be?

Just burned his ISO

I have a problem with 3945abg too. The traffic in a network created independently, from other computer. It is written, that many packages are collected ( 1 500 000) - for WEP, but the key does not give.
    Aireeplay-ng -3 too does illusion of work (packages start to increase quickly approximately in 5 minutes after start), but really packages does not add.
    Please help.
    Sorry my Englisch. Кто-то говорит по-русски?

Just burned his ISO

While I appreciate the desire to prevent those with improper motive, there are still those of us without those intentions who could use some help with this

I'm prepared to use the old RAW method if necessary but many posters have made it clear that this is an antiquated process and shouldn't be used.

Using the 3945abg card, it appears that I have great success running the -9 packet injection test. However, I've left my pen-testing laptop running all night long with the aireplay -3 command and, after 22 HOURS, I've barely cracked 14000 data packets. Everyone that I read who actually uses functional injection has that in a matter of minutes if not seconds.

I could really use some guidance in this. I'm relatively new to computer security and it's become my de facto job (on top of all my other responsibilities) so if someone could let me know what I am doing incorrectly or what settings I'm missing, that would be great.

You're more than welcome to PM me if you don't want to discuss it in the forum but I've been searching for the better part of 3 hours to correct this issue and can't seem to make it happen.

All help is appreciated.

HSF

I have this card as well and have had problems with it as well. But read this link to get a better understanding. Good luck. I just bought the AWUS036h and it works like a charm.

ipw3945 [Aircrack-ng]
    The enemy is no longer ignorance - It is vigilance

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by HanShotFirst View Post
    While I appreciate the desire to prevent those with improper motive, there are still those of us without those intentions who could use some help with this
    Indeed. Because there does seem to be problems with this driver, and its definitely not working "out of the box" on alot of machines.

I have one in a Dell Latitude D830 laptop. The ipwraw driver in BackTrack3 worked fine, but I'm also running into troubles with the iwl3945 drivers in BackTrack4 when it comes to injection.

I get the feeling it does work upto some point (fake authentication or -9 for instance), but as soon as you start to inject alot of packets (arp attack) it starts failing. Like it can't handle the burst of packets properly or something.

When I check dmesg after a aireplay -3 run i'm seeing alot of this:

__ratelimit: 431 callbacks suppressed
    hpet1: lost 1 rtc interrupts
    __ratelimit: 500 callbacks suppressed

That doesnt seem quite right does it? Can someone else with injection problems confirm they are also seeing these kernal messages?

I'm thinking of trying to build and use the ipwraw driver again as long as there is no solution to this.

Just burned his ISO

My wifi-card 3945abg doesn't work with Backtrack 4 final, it doesn't detect it. First it actally did work, but after running these update commands it's no longer working:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get dist-upgrade

I can se the card when I type the following command: dmesg

Then it says:
    iwl3945: probe of 0000:0b:00.0: failed with error -5

I'm running the latest version of Backtrack 4 final as a dual boot at my hard drive. Kernel-version: 2.6.30.9

Do I have to update the drivers manually after running the update-commands, or how can I solve this?

The funny thing is that the card is detected if I make a fresh boot of Backtrack 4 with my ethernet-cable plugged in (wired connection). What's wrong?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by iceman_3233 View Post
    I just bought the AWUS036h and it works like a charm.[/url]
    I got the same card, but can't get it to work. Tried a lot of things but the OS just don't see it. I'm using vmware 6.5, and ALFA works fine on a host machine.

This is maybe a wrong thread for this. If so, sorry.
    I'm a big Linux newb, trying to learn through some interesting projects.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast