Thread: NC Through Proxy?

Just burned his ISO

Default NC Through Proxy?

Hey guys.

This has been bugging me for a bit now. I have heard individuals ask this before and even googled it with little to no results.

I understand how NC can be used AS a proxy- but is there a way to connect it through a proxy?

NC computer1 --> proxy ---> NC computer 2

I was looking into tor, torify, privoxy in bt3 but cannot seem to get the correct command setup.

Also i've heard try socat- but i want to see if it is possible through NC. I assume this would be one of the most basic ways to learn to use proxy's.

Can anyone help?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

You're going to kick yourself when you realise this...

The latest versions of nc (not hobbit and his 1.10 release) already have a proxy command available to them as part of their command switches.

If you can't get the latest version let me know and I'll find the shell script I've been using for a while now.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

I dont think i saw it in the help file list - whats the command? (pretty sure the nc I have was among latest released version)

Also, please check your pm.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

nc -x dev-squidbox:3128 -X connect scanme.insecure.org 80

I'm not in backtrack at the moment, so this came from the FreeBSD version that comes packaged - my dev-squidbox is a HTTP_CONNECT proxy.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.