Thread: what is my laptop problem?

Just burned his ISO

Default what is my laptop problem?

my laptop is dell xp1330. i use win to connect adsl, wireless is ok but when i use bt3 final, it found no wireless card. is it driver not update? or something wrong?
    h t t p://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/sharephotoonline/4Rum/snapshot1.png

in windows shows this
    h t t p://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/sharephotoonline/4Rum/Untitled.jpg

tks in advanced for all reading this.!

pls give me advice!

I'm going to assume that you're not familiar with using Linux. You should definitely start off by learning some Linux basics before you try BackTrack, otherwise you are going to be way out of your depth.

There's some good threads on the forum about how you can learn the basics about Linux. Read around a bit and maybe try an easier distro like Ubuntu first...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

To get a list of the network interfaces in your machine, do:

ifconfig -a

To turn an interface on, do:

ifconfig wlan0 up

To actually get an internet connection going, try this out:

Linux Internet Connection - Virjacode
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".