G'day all, i was having trouble with airodump_ng and followed aircrack(dot)com advice to goto to IRC freenode and joined #aircrack-ng for help

i was having issues with the code i downloaded BT4 but i was following an instruction / tutorial, now at one part it said macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0 but when i typed it i got an error so i copied a few lines and pasted it and i got kicked (kicked out of the channel) for doing it, i did ask this is my problem before i did it but i got kicked by zero_chaos, when i rejoined i was given either ask a question or Pi?s Off. nice person hey... (I'll probably get banned from here also for this but that just says something in it's self if that happens....) anyway tried to explain that macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0 this was not working for me and got kicked and banned for it...

Anyways i finally figured it out the tutorial has
macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0
but BT4 needs an extra - before the -mac making 2 of them (--mac)
macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

P.S. i am still banned from that channel, all over a - the tutorial was missing so other fellow newbies don't ask zero_chaos any questions cause he might just ban you like me. i was in the chan waiting for over 24 hours for help, and i was helped bo other's they were great they also said any more probs just post it and someone will help you just not this guy zero_chaos, Yes i know who this person is i did a search on this person, but that does not mean you can be an ar$e?#%e