Thread: Banned on IRC for ask'n a question

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Banned on IRC for ask'n a question

G'day all, i was having trouble with airodump_ng and followed aircrack(dot)com advice to goto to IRC freenode and joined #aircrack-ng for help

i was having issues with the code i downloaded BT4 but i was following an instruction / tutorial, now at one part it said macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0 but when i typed it i got an error so i copied a few lines and pasted it and i got kicked (kicked out of the channel) for doing it, i did ask this is my problem before i did it but i got kicked by zero_chaos, when i rejoined i was given either ask a question or Pi?s Off. nice person hey... (I'll probably get banned from here also for this but that just says something in it's self if that happens....) anyway tried to explain that macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0 this was not working for me and got kicked and banned for it...

Anyways i finally figured it out the tutorial has
    macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0
    but BT4 needs an extra - before the -mac making 2 of them (--mac)
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0

P.S. i am still banned from that channel, all over a - the tutorial was missing so other fellow newbies don't ask zero_chaos any questions cause he might just ban you like me. i was in the chan waiting for over 24 hours for help, and i was helped bo other's they were great they also said any more probs just post it and someone will help you just not this guy zero_chaos, Yes i know who this person is i did a search on this person, but that does not mean you can be an ar$e?#%e

Quote Originally Posted by Tillo View Post
    I don't know which tutorial you are referring to, but it is correct that macchanger requires you to either use -m or --mac to spoof a specific mac address.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

and what should we do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I don't know which tutorial you are referring to, but it is correct that macchanger requires you to either use -m or --mac to spoof a specific mac address.
    That was a moron filter in the tutorial once again
    Auswaertsspiel

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tillo View Post
    Generally speaking most "words" as arguments on the command line will require the two dashes (--) and a letter will need only one.
    Of course this is dependent on how the programmer designed the application to run.

P.S. i am still banned from that channel, all over a - the tutorial was missing so other fellow newbies don't ask zero_chaos any questions cause he might just ban you like me. i was in the chan waiting for over 24 hours for help, and i was helped bo other's they were great they also said any more probs just post it and someone will help you just not this guy zero_chaos, Yes i know who this person is i did a search on this person, but that does not mean you can be an ar$e?#%e
    As for being banned from a channel we can not help you here with that problem. As far as we can see ( with no chat logs of evidence) you probably did break a rule. It might be a good idea ( at least better than crying here about it) to talk with the person who kicked you out.
    Not to mention calling names really does not add anything to your case Especially name calling a respected member of the community.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Developer

This is not the aircrack forums first of all. We also do not have anything to do with the aircrack-ng irc channel. Even though I am a OP there its only because members of the two dev teams work very closely together. That being said I was in the channel when you were banned and you pissed off Zero_Chaos so no one can unban you except him. So I would suggest getting in contact with him and stop crying here.

<soapbox> Furthermore, I don't care how n00b you are when you come to a IRC channel of professionals with real jobs that do this type of help for fun and for free in their spare time you should have thoroughly researched the topic of your question in all the different places so that if and when you still have a question you can ask it in a intelligent way that shows you have exhausted all options and have nothing left but to ask. You had clearly not done this and it was evident in the way you conducted your self in the channel. </soapbox>

Just burned his ISO

Hey don't mind me pureh@te, personally getting banned, well i do not care for that it just means i'll look in other area's of the net to get answers, i posted this in the newbie area for newbies so they were carefull

but...
    re: <soapbox> Furthermore, I don't care how n00b you are when you come to a IRC channel of professionals with real jobs that do this type of help for fun and for free in their spare time you should have thoroughly researched the topic of your question in all the different places so that if and when you still have a question you can ask it in a intelligent way that shows you have exhausted all options and have nothing left but to ask. You had clearly not done this and it was evident in the way you conducted your self in the channel. </soapbox>

i have the utmost respect in people helping out other peoples in IRC i have been around mirc for years since the 90's and i have helped out many peoples in my time, at the point being asking for help on what i was doing wrong in the command macchanger -mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 ath0 that was too hard for Zero_Chaos to answer except i got a "ask a question or pissoff" i asked a valid question and got banned and i have no intention of contacting him either he wants to be arrogant well thats his decision i am just notifying otherpeople to be carefull....

here i was under the impression we help one onother...

Thats all fine and dandy, but in alll that time you spent pondering over this magic -

did you ever cooonsider the magic --help, or -h switch? Or better yet, the magical man page

Wow i kinda like bawww threads.

Anyways why not just proxy yourself, change your nick and not act like a retard in the future ?

Sorry but someone had to say it.
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.