Thread: BT3 on Aspire One D 150 (WLAN Card not found)

Hybrid View

Default BT3 on Aspire One D 150 (WLAN Card not found)

Hello to everybody out there,

i just bought some weeks ago a Aspire One D 150. I put BT3 USB Version on my SD Card and booted BT3 with no problems. But now BT3 does not find my WLAN Card. I search for help in internet and just read, that i need madwifi drivers. I downloaded last version and ran the command: make. How can i install the drivers now ?

When i type: iwconfig i get this message: no wlan extension.

BTW: I got some switch button on the case of my Aspire One which can enable/disable the WLan card. I just tried to switch it on and off but does not work.

Thank you in advantage !

google = madwifi-ng+ath5k+aircrack-ng

I will not go into details 'cause you have to decide on two different drivers (madwifi-ng - net80211 or ath5k - mac80211) and if you plan on using BT you'll have to be able to install the drivers yourself. There's a sea of info on the subject.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News

Dear #mfBaranian#,

thank you for your reply.

I just installed madwifi Driver and it does not work. My first problem or question is, if i need some acer-wmi oder acer-acpi to activate my WLAN.
    I just read that Aspire One with a swtich on/off Button at the front side of the case needs that... but i didn't get it to install acer-acpi, because i get some Error message like: No such Device....

So i dont know if there is a problem with the driver for the wificard or with the driver for the button to activate the wificard.

This may be a place to start.

Check out the Cquel's post of 2009-05-06 where he listed 10 options. You'll find some interesting info.
    SecurityTube has two new sections. Questions & News