Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Switch

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless Switch

My wireless card is disabled by default as it wont show any networks around me. I remember when i had ubuntu i had to type a command that enabled the device and then it would find all the networks. It is enabled in the bios and i have upped all devices so i know this is the problem. I was just wondering how other people have managed to enable their devices, when the hardware switch doesnt work in backtract? im using the live cd version thanks.

Have you tried /etc/init.d/networking start ?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

yep have tried that, it doesn't seem to enable anything, just does a list of things then finishes saying no dhpcd requests and still the card wont find any networks, the card is def detected and works as it should apart from the fact that it acts as if no networks are in range, which is what it does in windows when its disabled...

Well if the card is recognized then it's running. If it was disabled, like the switch, the os wouldn't see it. What model laptop and wifi card do you have?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Why are you starting a new thread on this subject when you already have one one it?
    I asked you to post the commands you are using am waiting on an answer.
    BTW airmon-ng is not the proper way to set the parameters for a network card, especially when you can't get the basic functionality going.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...-ar5007eg.html
    Not to mention you were also jumping in on another thread here

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...-problems.html

Your lack of focus will not help to solve the problem.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

the card would be recognized even if it was disabled...The card is still installed but when it is disabled it wont scan it is the same in windows. It will still show the card and still act as if its running but wont find any networks, its as if the scanning is disabled not the card. And i was not getting any help in the other thread as it was only arch that was looking at it now pretty much,

p.s.

I know that airmon-ng isnt the way to configure the card, I have done this a million times before on my other laptop so I know the basic commands to get a card working. All i need to know is the command to probe the hardware address of the card as this is what i have done before and it worked, so i know for def that this is the problem and not the way I have set it up. Once the hardware address is probed the wireless lights up and then it will work, thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cjloz View Post
    And i was not getting any help in the other thread as it was only arch that was looking at it now pretty much,
    I may be the only one but the view count shows much more than me.
    Since my view will only count once. Which also leads me back to the other threads. In this one I asked you in post number 3 a question that has yet to be answered. As such my point about about focus still stands.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

I appreciate your help but I don't get any errors. I know for a fact that the wireless card is disable because of the fact it doesnt show any networks around me which is what happens when a card is disabled. I know I am doing the right commands because I've done it quite a few times before so it is pointless posting those. All i need is the command to activate the card and I know there is one because I've had to use it before on my old laptop but cant find what it was now.

Still waiting for laptop and wifi card info.

Just burned his ISO

laptop = fujitsu siemens amilo 2735
    card = atheros ar5007eg

thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast