Thread: Kernel 2.6.30+

Just burned his ISO

Default Kernel 2.6.30+

I'd like to request the 2.6.30 or later kernel be added ASAP to the repositories for the insane number of wifi fixes. While I realize that the Ubuntu repo's might be the limiting factor here, BT4 is running it's own repositories. In the interim before Ubuntu catches up with the world, can we add the latest kernel to our repositories? I've already customized my kernel that comes with BT4-Pre, and in poking around they basically made everything a module (surprise) so it should be relatively easy to add the package.

Hi JokerKingg,

it would be great if you could share your kernel & modules and also experience
    concerning the (finally) more or less stable ath9k drivers for the newer atheros
    n'cards (especially the long,long awaited AR9160 with injection, as mentioned
    in the aircrack-ng post: hXXp://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?topic=4515.msg28347#msg28347

I've just compiled kernel 2.6.30.3 with madwifi-ng (r4071) and my SR71-C is still
    not regognized :-(

All my details can be found here: hXXp://pastebin.com/m5de0495b

THX!
    brtw2003

Quote Originally Posted by JokerKingg View Post
    I'd like to request the 2.6.30 or later kernel be added ASAP to the repositories for the insane number of wifi fixes. While I realize that the Ubuntu repo's might be the limiting factor here, BT4 is running it's own repositories. In the interim before Ubuntu catches up with the world, can we add the latest kernel to our repositories? I've already customized my kernel that comes with BT4-Pre, and in poking around they basically made everything a module (surprise) so it should be relatively easy to add the package.