Thread: Setting wireless BT4 3945ABG

Just burned his ISO FallenRebirth's Avatar

Default Setting wireless BT4 3945ABG

Hi everyone, first post! Anyway I am completely new to Backtrack and linux as a whole and gotta say, im kind of bummed that it took me this long to start learning.

My question is, I just recently installed BT4 onto my HDD after working with it for a while on a livecd.

I have it running on a Lenovo 3000 N100 which uses a Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG. I tried to look online before I came to the forum to post but unfortunately I am at a loss of what to do. The best resource I have found for getting the wireless to work is ipw3945.sourceforge.net but crap there is pretty vague on what I am actually supposed to do. I am pretty damn sure that the 3945 will work, because I found questions on forums.remote-exploit.org where people had the same question but i believe it was for BT3.

Any help, info, or resource that someone can point me to would be greatly appreciated it!

Thanks all.

Default Re: Setting wireless BT4 3945ABG

Intel 3945 chipset is supported out of the box in BT4. And I'd suggest that you don't install BT on your computer (in my opinion). If you are completely new to GNU/Linux, begin with the basics : install a user-friendly distro, use it and use BT from time to time when you really need it. Look for GNU/Linux on the internet, then about pentesting. You'll learn faster.

Everybody here would to point you at the very first thread of ,,Begginers forum,, called ,,If you are new to BackTrack or Linux read this thread,,. :-)
    see anything related to wifi.
    Btw, what are you trying to sort out?Wifi's not working?

Just burned his ISO FallenRebirth's Avatar

Its okay, I figured out it like 5 min after i made that post, sorry if I wasted anyones time lol
    I appreciate the suggestions though, I just got impatient and made the post instead of trying to figure it out, I looked around for a bit and got frustrated when I made the post, got it working though.