Thread: need a good tut

Just burned his ISO

Default need a good tut

i need good tutorial for setting up a dual boot of windows xp and backtrack 4

it would be very helpful

Just burned his ISO

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1 View Post
    i need good tutorial for setting up a dual boot of windows xp and backtrack 4

it would be very helpful
    Wouldn't this be the same way that you do with windows vista? I think it is!
    Watch this: haxttp://wewewe.offensive-security.com/videos/dual-boot-backtrack-vista/dual-boot-backtrack-vista.html
    (You need to fix the url since im not allowed to post urls before my 15th post)
    The process should not depend on what other operating system you have, so you should be fine with this.

//Daniel

Just burned his ISO

I was trying to install BT4 in addition to my XP installation on my DellM1210. When i started the install.sh and came to the point with the partition thing the guy in the video got a slider there which let him choose how much space which OS should use. "Resize Partition" or whatever its called there. I don't have such an option. There are only the 2 Guided Options + the Manual Option. But no guided resize.

Anyone know how to fix that problem? Could it be that there isn't enough space left on the volume? It's a 100gb HDD with 16GB free space. What i want to do is using like 8gb for bt4 install after which i still have 8gb left on the windows partition.